Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The true legacy of the Gus Bus

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Watching my son train with his under 9 team tonight I realised that eight of the 12 boys were wearing the new albion kit! (including my son - the away keepers top)
Whatever happens this season this is the lasting triumph.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
i see this most weeks with my son and it is a personal high to see all these kids on board now, they are definatly here for the future by the looks of things.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
It is just brilliant! shows up the plastic arm chair "fans" of man utd, chelsea etc......

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
There is definitely a noticeable increase in the number of Albion tops being worn around the city, and a noticeable drop in premiership tops.

Thank f*** for that.

TB

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
There is definitely a noticeable increase in the number of Albion tops being worn around the city, and a noticeable drop in premiership tops.

Thank f*** for that.

TB

there be even more when the shop gets some more shirts in stock...

Feb 14, 2010
It helps that the club have got the players to "adopt" a school and the club are a visual presence in the schools as well. I think it helps the players grow as people as well. This is also just the start, still more room for growth, onwards and upwards

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watching my son train with his under 9 team tonight I realised that eight of the 12 boys were wearing the new albion kit! (including my son - the away keepers top)
Whatever happens this season this is the lasting triumph.

Ooh, this reminds me of a little story, I meant to share...

At my son's training last week (please note my location) the tally of shirts was:
6 x Saints
2 x Spurs
1 x Liverpool
1 x Albion

Whilst they are warming up, of of the Saints lads turns to mine, as says "Those gold arm patches are cool. how do you get gold ones?"....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Look round the Amex at all the balding, slightly over-weight men in their 40's and you can see the effect that flirting at the highest level of football does for a club. I am thrilled that a new generation (and not just the little ones - I know loads of teenagers who are become proprietorial about the Albion) are getting the chance to follow - and be proud of - the super soaring seagulls.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This whole Albion support from kids is hugely important. The likes of Liverpool and Man Utd have had them for many generations. We are re-starting this journey, and in a generations time we will have die hard Brighton supporters that we have never seen in our lifetime. It is a great compliment to the club and current support.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Look round the Amex at all the balding, slightly over-weight men in their 40's and you can see the effect that flirting at the highest level of football does for a club. I am thrilled that a new generation (and not just the little ones - I know loads of teenagers who are become proprietorial about the Albion) are getting the chance to follow - and be proud of - the super soaring seagulls.

So true mate, we have missed out on a generation... us 40 somethings (and olders) and kids taken by their parents are going right now. We have lost the 20 somethings, they will come back in a few years.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My two nephews were plastic Manure fans thanks to my prat of a brother, but are both Albion converts having been taken to the Amex by their Granddad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here