Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The trouble in Leeds

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
They won't get away with it. But reactionary pricks on social media will have moved on to their next point-scoring crusade by then.
It’s the principle of people seeing violence being perpetrated without challenge that travels round the world that is filmed on social media which people see, not the arrests days/weeks after the event, which are not filmed.
Bigger picture optics of what is happening in UK.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm only skimming through the thread, but this post caught my eye.
I can't imagine anyone 'showing off' about visiting Dublin. Let alone for work, total ballache either way imo.
It's no different to saying 'I have to visit Liverpool' except with the extra annoyance of having to catch a plane. So hardly 'showing off'

Work trips, ughhh. It's three seconds from my bed to my work. I'm happy with that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Work trips, ughhh. It's three seconds from my bed to my work. I'm happy with that.
Totally with you, I also work from home and love it.

I used to have to occasionally travel for work to the nicer parts of London, Manchester and Bolton and have all travel, food and nice hotels paid for - but it was a total ballache. Trains, longer commutes, delays, people etc. Definitely not boastworthy, imo.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You should take a look at Ireland for immigration trouble
i have mentioned this 3 months ago and got bored off by a member who had been to Ireland and seen no evidence of any immigrant issues......backed up by the usual suspects , you won't admit there's a problem until it's too late and that time is just about upon you . Not sure if footage was shown on the news in England but the crowd turning the police car over and pelting the police with missiles were almost exclusively easily identifiable by ethnicity ( altered for the sake of common sense) ....ill await the normal indignance from the special few. Went out for dinner last night with a few people , one couple recently returned from Hayes , they left here in Feb as the girl was missing her sisters and mother , they came back 3 weeks ago , what they had to say about the place was not good at all but i guess a few select home counties hamlets are still insulated from the rot.

You can blither away , i'm not racist but you have to admit the current situation is not working and can not work long term.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A man has been charged in connection with disorder in a Leeds suburb earlier this week.

A police car was flipped over and a bus was set alight in Harehills during the disturbance, which broke out at about 17:00 BST on Thursday and continued into the early hours.

Iustin Dobre, 37, of Clifton Mount, Harehills, has been charged with violent disorder and arson reckless as to endanger life, relating to the torching of the bus, police said.

He has been remanded into custody and will appear at Leeds Magistrates' Court on Monday.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A few observations if I may:

1. This wouldn't have happened in Germany. I can say this without fear of contradiction, as Leeds is not in Germany. See?

2. It also wouldn't have happened in Leeds, if Leeds had a decent football team. They should have bought Ben White when I told them to. All those disaffected youths, filming each other committing crimes, do so because they have no purpose, no prospects and no future. Give them a proper football team, one that gets promoted to the Premier League, and they would be all excited by the prospects of the new season, with new players arriving. What a time to be a Leeds fan eh? Instead, Leeds are so shite that they torch buses and flip police cars over.

I should have been a politician. Things are so clear to me at 4 in the morning.
oh , how , f***ing , droll.......ffs

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A man has been charged in connection with disorder in a Leeds suburb earlier this week.

A police car was flipped over and a bus was set alight in Harehills during the disturbance, which broke out at about 17:00 BST on Thursday and continued into the early hours.

Iustin Dobre, 37, of Clifton Mount, Harehills, has been charged with violent disorder and arson reckless as to endanger life, relating to the torching of the bus, police said.

He has been remanded into custody and will appear at Leeds Magistrates' Court on Monday.
first of many hopefully , plenty of the planks on numerous tik tok and fb vids...deport them and any dependants

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm only skimming through the thread, but this post caught my eye.
I can't imagine anyone 'showing off' about visiting Dublin. Let alone for work, total ballache either way imo.
The context was it was the day of England v Slovenia and the Irish are almost as ABE as the Scots. It was an England thread.

I’ve no idea why he dragged that up out of context.

Actually, I do :drink:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes I'm aware of how it started, but once it had they shouldn't have withdrawn and they should've offered protection to the fire service. Didn't see them 'withdrawing' in Brixton / Toxteth / Handsworth etc but I guess that's when they were the police 'force' and not the police 'service.' when they employed burly men and not the little girls they employ nowadays who don't to me appear to be physical capable of carrying out the role.
This is a classic example of someone who is simply not going to hear another pov and therefore not worth arguing with.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
i have mentioned this 3 months ago and got bored off by a member who had been to Ireland and seen no evidence of any immigrant issues......backed up by the usual suspects , you won't admit there's a problem until it's too late and that time is just about upon you . Not sure if footage was shown on the news in England but the crowd turning the police car over and pelting the police with missiles were almost exclusively easily identifiable by ethnicity ( altered for the sake of common sense) ....ill await the normal indignance from the special few. Went out for dinner last night with a few people , one couple recently returned from Hayes , they left here in Feb as the girl was missing her sisters and mother , they came back 3 weeks ago , what they had to say about the place was not good at all but i guess a few select home counties hamlets are still insulated from the rot.

You can blither away , i'm not racist but you have to admit the current situation is not working and can not work long term.

' i'm not racist but'. I believe this particular phrase has been discussed previously on the Nigel Farage thread.

No, it's not working. Something went wrong in Leeds. It's being looked into as a matter of urgency, beginning with the culprits being arrested.

But before you reach out across the world, and pronounce on our nation's problems on NSC, would it be a good idea to examine your own problems in Australia? And how Australia has spectacularly failed to deal with them for generations?

Google Palm Island, Queensland. It's a group of islands that is a dumping ground for aboriginals.

When I first became aware of it in the late 1990s, aside from numerous indicators of social deprivation (crime, violent crime, abuse, alcoholism), among the aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, the suicide rate was over double anywhere else in the world.

At the time, I was working at Amex, with three Australians. I asked them about Palm Island. None of them had heard of it. It was obviously far too uncomfortable to be covered by any Australian newspaper or TV station.

Today, a generation later, it will be an interesting exercise to ask you how things have changed.

Is the Australian government still maintaining statistics for the residents of Palm Island? Or have they been switched off?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
The context was it was the day of England v Slovenia and the Irish are almost as ABE as the Scots. It was an England thread.

I’ve no idea why he dragged that up out of context.

Actually, I do :drink:
It was actually an Albion game at the Amex when you proudly proclaimed 'I'm going to Dublin with work' in other words 'look at me aren't I important.' Why tell us on here you are going to Dublin? Who cares!!

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
This is a classic example of someone who is simply not going to hear another pov and therefore not worth arguing with.
I'm always receptive to another POV on here, unlike some who will ban or 'discourage' you or insult you ('gammon pr*ck) even though 'they aren't a bully' if you disagree with them. If you read through I replied to an earlier post 'fair point' which shows I accept other points of view.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

Well said. I pointed out on here once that we have a problem with gangs of Asian men in Northern towns grooming and raping young English girls and got shouted down by the usual suspects who are desperate to showcase how woke they are.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
1000017615.jpg

1000017616.jpg

This doesn't look like police retreating to me?

The cops who went to the original incident were response officers responding to a request for assistance from social workers as I understand it. They didn't go to a riot and then decide to run away. Response officers would have no protective equipment to help them in situations of disorder. The would be trained to what is referred to as Public Order Level 3 and would involve them standing in a line trying to hold a crowd back.

The general tactic in that situation would be to hold the line with Level 3 officers whilst Level 2 officers (helmets, shields and some additional tactics) are prepared and then deployed to take over from the L3 officers. It would appear from what I've seen in the media that this was not practical or possible and the Level 3 officers were ordered to withdraw before the Level 2 officers were ready. Probably a decision not taken lightly, especially as it looks like they had to leave a number of their vehicles behind, and was done when it was clear there were not enough officers to hold the line and the only actual disorder taking place was the cops being attacked. It's not like they just ran away and left the social workers to sort it out for themselves.

From what I've seen, the Level 2 public order officers were very quickly in place, but that doesn't fit with the fashionable anti-police rhetoric that they just ran away because they couldn't be arsed and weren't capable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally with you, I also work from home and love it.

I used to have to occasionally travel for work to the nicer parts of London, Manchester and Bolton and have all travel, food and nice hotels paid for - but it was a total ballache. Trains, longer commutes, delays, people etc. Definitely not boastworthy, imo.
Sometimes I suspect you are on my part of 'the spectrum' :lolol:

Travel means the risk of being let down by the train or plane. It means standing around waiting. It means having to squeeze up with objectionable people, or simply the anxiety of having to share small space with annoying or smelly or space-pinching weirdos. It means being subject to a hosts' agenda. It means loss of freedom.

WFH is bliss :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here