Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Transfer Window 'Mini Deadline Day 30 June'

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Forget KDH! He wouldn't come/Leicester wouldn't sell in January. His wages will be well above ours anyway, and as is the way with PL footballers and their agents, the idea of a pay cut is completely unthinkable.
I don’t think his wages are the issue. If they weren’t in Jan they won’t be now. I think it’s more the fact that his sights may be set higher than us.
We’ll see this week. I expect we’ll wait until towards the end of This week, make a bid and see if Leicester need to sell.
If we go for him before then we are likely to be gazumped. I think we have the same strategy for Summerville.
Will be an interesting week.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t think his wages are the issue. If they weren’t in Jan they won’t be now. I think it’s more the fact that his sights may be set higher than us.
We’ll see this week. I expect we’ll wait until towards the end of This week, make a bid and see if Leicester need to sell.
If we go for him before then we are likely to be gazumped. I think we have the same strategy for Summerville.
Will be an interesting week.
I suspect his wages were an issue back in January - or would have been if Leicester had been willing to sell.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Forget KDH! He wouldn't come/Leicester wouldn't sell in January. His wages will be well above ours anyway, and as is the way with PL footballers and their agents, the idea of a pay cut is completely unthinkable.
I think we can forget singing ANY player from the PSR cheating cartel now.

It’s much more financially beneficial for them to swap players between each other. They massively over inflate their value and stick it straight on the 23/24 balance sheet.

The latest in Minty to Forest in exchange for Elanga. I suspect the value of those players will be eye watering.

In the EPL, rich cheats prosper it would seem. Chelsea can sign whoever they want, whenever they want and City are untouchable.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

The Premier League has written to its clubs to explain its rules regarding the fair valuation of players involved in transfers after “a significant number requested clarification” following recent swap deals.

It came amid concerns some clubs may be looking to sell each other players in order to exploit a potential loophole in Profit & Sustainability Rules (PSR), which limit losses, before an accounting deadline on Sunday.

In the letter the Premier League warns that part of a transfer fee would have to be returned by the selling club if it decides a fee has been “inflated”.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Right. I am caveating this with the usual the club know what they are doing, trust Tony etc which others will no doubt chime in with, BUT from the outside it would seem a really missed trick if we don’t use this PSR window to add real quality and affordable prices. KDH isn’t happening so I hope we had other options lined up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Liverpool have turned down a proposal from Newcastle United which involved Anthony Gordon joining the Reds and Jarell Quansah moving in the opposite direction as part of the deal.

The Anfield club did not view the deal as being right for them, even though 23-year-old forward Gordon is a player they admire.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Liverpool have turned down a proposal from Newcastle United which involved Anthony Gordon joining the Reds and Jarell Quansah moving in the opposite direction as part of the deal.

The Anfield club did not view the deal as being right for them, even though 23-year-old forward Gordon is a player they admire.

Elsewhere this story is titled: "Revealed: Newcastle were ready to sell Anthony Gordon to LIVERPOOL this week before talks broke down - with Jarell Quansah part of proposed deal - as club desperately search for options to avoid PSR points deduction"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ony-Gordon-Liverpool-Jarrell-Quansah-PSR.html (Yes, yes I know)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like more teams interested in Gray and Brentford deal may be off.

The other theory is that someone is going to buy Summerville. Apparently they have to sell one big player to meet PSR. I think they are running two auctions and will look to only sell one.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
So Spurs - Leeds did a player swap type deal too (along with Villa - Juventus, Villa - Everton, Villa - Chelsea, Chelsea - Leicester and Newcastle - Forest)!

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
So Spurs - Leeds did a player swap type deal too (along with Villa - Juventus, Villa - Everton, Villa - Chelsea, Chelsea - Leicester and Newcastle - Forest)!

Expect the circumstances here were slightly different as Tottenham do not have PSR concerns and Leeds genuinely wanted Rodon to join permanently.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Expect the circumstances here were slightly different as Tottenham do not have PSR concerns and Leeds genuinely wanted Rodon to join permanently.

The fee Leeds agreed with Brentford was £35m. Presumably the swap element is what helped them secure a £40m fee from Spurs a day later?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
The fee Leeds agreed with Brentford was £35m. Presumably the swap element is what helped them secure a £40m fee from Spurs a day later?
Probably, I just mean that whereas I doubt some of these other players were key targets of the clubs they have now joined making Rodon's loan permanent was very much in Leeds's plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here