Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The transfer prediction thread - who will we sign and when?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would have though the first appointments would be Oscar's assistants? Haven't heard anything yet on that front?

They were brought in last week

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think we'll see anything until the end of the month TBH- a lot of things probably still need to be sorted out with the new 'head coach' and Poyet.

Players out of work like El-Abd, Lopez & Upson may want a July payday.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5800480 said:
I've heard Gregorio Bobkinez will be an Albion player soon! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Is he Greg Bobkin's spanish cousin or completely unrelated? Is Greg still on the radar too? Just imagine the two of them in our midfield, they would rip up this league

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Upson was offered a 1 year deal but has asked for 2 which the club should offer him

Why? He's 34. The second year could be in the Prem, when he'd be past it.

Compare this to Wayne Bridge, who is younger than Upson but still happy to sign a one-year deal with Reading in the Championship.

It makes sense for the Albion to offer Upson a one-year deal on a decent salary, and it would make sense for him to accept it. Either that or take a 2-year deal with a lesser Championship club.

welsh seagull

Jan 20, 2012
After nearly 50 years of following the Albion through all the divisions I had got used to the normal predictable transfers each summer. Always 'like for like' with players that were leaving. However, for the past 3 years all that has changed, and the summer has become a really exciting time because you know there is always going to be a huge shock announcement coming up. I have no idea who it will be, or when it will happen, but with Blooms ambition, and Oscars contacts this summer could be even more exciting than 2 years ago. Lets keep watching this board and any other sources because something big is sure to happen soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here