Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Title - Worried?

Are you still convinced we're going to win the league?

• Total voters

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think all football fans are basically pessimists, I won't be happy until its mathematically certain we're promoted.
I'm still checking the table about every 2 hours

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
We can afford the odd hiccup, which is unlikely.

Already, we cannot finish lower than fourth.

A fall off of form and seven draws would still get us up with some of the competing teams playing one another - but can anyone really see this happening?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you have been a long time Albion fan, it is inevitable that it crosses your mind that it MAY all go tits up...sorry :down:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
ffs any other team in this league that had won 25 points out of 27 were 11 points clear with a game in hand and only 6 or 7 league games to go and having lost 5 all season would be over the moon not f***ing shitting god some of fans are sad

Spot on vulture, every pundit in the country says that QPR have pissed the Championship, so what makes us any different in league 1? Our form is excellent, and after the jaw dropping March we have just had, there really is no need to worry.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm getting greedy. I want the title. The team haven't worked this hard to settle for second place. That seems to be the mentality of the club too. It's been quite refreshing to hear some of the players talk about the desire to win the league rather than being happy with promotion. We are not going to throw this away now. We did the hard graft in March, I expect us to really go for it in the next two games to secure promotion, and then push on for the big prize straight after.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
might get worried if we pick up less than three points from our two home games AND Southampton win both their away games at Orient and Rochdale, don`t forget Rochdale are flying at the moment and both they and Orient are breathing down Bournemouth`s necks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have every belief we will win the league but it's not going to be easy peasy. Got to keep working hard and doing what we've been doing. One more push and we're there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nope, not worried in the slightest.

All is under control, don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, we're favourites to win it. Odds-on. Talk on TV is about the race for second place. Still won't rest easy until there are NO teams that can mathematically overtake us - there's three too many at the moment! I don't think they WILL catch us, but, until the fat lady is warming down........................

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
We all support the rollercoaster that is Brighton and Hove Albion. We have a reputation for doing things the hard way, so for us to be in this relatively comfortable position, is out of our comfort zone. We're not used to it, therefore it makes us a bit nervous.
We'll be fine. Gus and the boys have it covered :)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
We can win the title v Daggenham And Red in 6 days time if things go for us...

Winners in bold

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Brighton v Sheff Wed, 15:00
Huddersfield v Peterborough, 15:00
Leyton Orient v Southampton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Brighton v Dag & Red, 19:45
Rochdale v Southampton, 19:45

:drink: :drink: :drink:

I'm more 'Worried' about getting into work next Wednesday !

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
We can win the title v Daggenham And Red in 6 days time if things go for us...

Winners in bold

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Brighton v Sheff Wed, 15:00
Huddersfield v Peterborough, 15:00
Leyton Orient v Southampton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Brighton v Dag & Red, 19:45
Rochdale v Southampton, 19:45

:drink: :drink: :drink:

I'm more 'Worried' about getting into work next Wednesday !

You are a tit if you think were gonna lose this Saturday and on Tuesday. Cant see us catching you tbf. Promotion is all that counts.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
You are a tit if you think were gonna lose this Saturday and on Tuesday. Cant see us catching you tbf. Promotion is all that counts.

Well I'm sure you will get some points from those 2 matches, maybe even 6, but they are both very tricky fixtures. Just illustrating that we only need 5 results to go our way and we're champions...

In fact it's as simple as this :

In the remaining matches we need either

Huddersfield to lose or draw once
and Brighton to win twice
and Southampton to lose twice

OR

Brighton to win 3 times
and Southampton to lose once

OR

Brighton to win 4 times

Take your pick, result... Champions

Last edited: