Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket exchange - a thing of the PAST ?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Someone will correct me I'm sure, but I think Barcelona season ticket holders can sell on tickets to games that they can't make through cash points around the ground. This may have been us massively misunderstanding Spanish though.

As Half Man Half Biscuit has already said (on the Siena v Chievo thread), you need to show an Italian State Identity Card or Passport when you buy any ticket for an Italian Serie A game. The ticket is then checked against the Identity Card / Passport at the turnstile. If they don't match, you don't get in.

The same rule applies to season tickets. If you want to let a mate use your season ticket, you have to call in at the ticket office with his details (including Passport / State ID Card number) at least one day before the game. Siena accept this information by fax as well, but not all clubs do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems to work extremely well in curbing all the hooliganism over there doesn't it.

Oh.

Someone will correct me I'm sure, but I think Barcelona season ticket holders can sell on tickets to games that they can't make through cash points around the ground. This may have been us massively misunderstanding Spanish though.

Spanish Clubs use bank cash points for all sort of transactions. Season tickets for Atletico Madrid don't really exist. Supporters have a plastic membership card that can be used to get hold of a ticket from any bank hole in the wall in the city. The transaction includes issuing the ticket and taking the money out of your account. Very handy ... if you find that you can't get to a game, you don't pay. And with kick-off days/times not being publicised until very late (only when Spanish TV have decided what games they want to show live), it's not at all unusual for 'members' to discover a few days before a game that they can't attend.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does that include Travel Voucher?
:lolol:
But as you know a Travel Voucher doesn't add any value to the ticket, so you'll be no better off if you get free travel or if you have to pay for the train to London.

(No, let's not go there again ...)

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
How do these bar code cards differentiate between ages. What is to stop a 25 year old applying for STH in in his young brother who ios under 16 name and using the ticket himself for every game. Or any of my sons, who are all between 34 and 44 getting a season ticket issued in my wifes name, who is a pensioner.

At Arsenal there isn't anything stopping you. I'm 21 and get in with an under 16s season ticket when I go.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Arsenal in fact operate a 'ticket exchange' scheme themselves. So there's a system for STHs to flog unwanted tix and for Arsenal members to buy that ticket (though no ticket actually changes hands - the club activates the member's card for that game).

And - once they've played 8 home cup games, STHs have the option of opting out.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is fairly standard, and I think it's a very good model. Fair and reliable, and if you are a STH you don't have to worry about either a friend/contact getting 'nabbed' for not being you, nor having to get your card back when you lend it to someone.

I'd hope the Albion will have a system something like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here