Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the threat of relegation looms ever closer

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interesting analysis of the crowd situation based on Boring Gull and his four mates.

Your have to assume that as friends they are relatively similar aged and of broadly similar backgrounds. That being the case you do find that people's lives change and they can drift away from (and back to in my case for example) live football. He is describing a typical situation that has always been the case once fans get other commitments (job, family, kids, etc etc). To base an assessment of the malaise at Withdean purely on a sample base of five similar people is over simplistic.

Look at the wider picture - Withdean is a pit and it's not a football ground - BHA in transition - economy slowing down - crowds will be falling. But it also looks like the new ground will invigorate fans and a be a catalyst for development. A young manager and a young team doing well in adversity should give us all hope.

Time to get behind the Albion and shout us into the play offs.

SEAGULLLLLLSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You bullshitted about going to Bournemouth last year, and you're bullshitting now.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's no more been to Elland Road than I have, it's all in his head.

i'm reading into the quality of what we are serving up, pitches are getting heavy you just watch us fall like a stone. it's only 4 defeats on the bounce and some good results from the teams below and we will be sucked in , morale low and fans leaving the sinking ship in droves. at least five of us used to go regualry - 1 now has a season ticket at Fulham. another watches worthing as he says it's better conditions and football and at least he can have a beer and watch the game. I've started to head to Elland road to watch Leeds maybe be dear but it's a first class ground and a team of winners not losers. The other two barely go these days what with other commitments they just can't bring themselves to go anymore and waste £25 on the slop that's served up - it's a crying shame a real shame.

Having said that the same is happening at Huddersfield town - disillusioned fans.

The premier league is slowly killing the lower leagues.

First of all - loser attitude. Why? You can't afford to go to games, or your missus left you?

Second of all - simple, simple maths; 4 defeats and good results from those below? They DO play each other you know! They can't ALL win, and if you even thought about the point average of 1-per-game for the relegation threatened - you might figure out that our 10points from the relegation zone would actually require more than a mere 4 defeats!

Third of all - where does this 'disillusion' come from in the first place? Perhaps if you had an 'illusion', you could become 'disillusioned', but if you got real, you would know that the books still have to be balanced, and little has changed for BHA at Withdean, and the nod for Falmer doesn't suddenly mean everything suddenly changes on the pitch or on the stands.

Just get behind the team and get real, and accept that you must be deluded to have posted this sort of stuff, or leave it alone. So Leeds Utd are your team now? Nice. Try to suppress your withdrawal symptoms until you have a balanced perspective. You used to support Brighton, but do you now HAVE to be a downer on us because you want to move on?
Congratulations LUFC fan, you are now, officially, a winner. :bigwave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a f***ing wanker... if you wanna go watch some other team 300 miles away from your home town you do that. Just stop posting on here. You're not a fan, you're one of those people that boos every time we lose and at the first sign of failure you run off, so go on.. Jog on.

he lives in huddersfield ......read his location!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2006
i'm reading into the quality of what we are serving up, pitches are getting heavy you just watch us fall like a stone. it's only 4 defeats on the bounce and some good results from the teams below and we will be sucked in , morale low and fans leaving the sinking ship in droves. at least five of us used to go regualry - 1 now has a season ticket at Fulham. another watches worthing as he says it's better conditions and football and at least he can have a beer and watch the game. I've started to head to Elland road to watch Leeds maybe be dear but it's a first class ground and a team of winners not losers. The other two barely go these days what with other commitments they just can't bring themselves to go anymore and waste £25 on the slop that's served up - it's a crying shame a real shame.

Having said that the same is happening at Huddersfield town - disillusioned fans.

The premier league is slowly killing the lower leagues.

Here we go again - another load of bollocks about watching non league because you can have a beer at the same time.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Are those the 4 "mates" who you rescued after they suffered a non existent puncture returning from a game you didn't go to who then wrote a public message on here praising your kind deeds from your server in your house on your computer which was in an Internet café that didn't exist in Bournemouth where you weren't?

Ooh, my head hurts.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are those the 4 "mates" who you rescued after they suffered a non existent puncture returning from a game you didn't go to who then wrote a public message on here praising your kind deeds from your server in your house on your computer which was in an Internet café that didn't exist in Bournemouth where you weren't?

Ooh, my head hurts.

:lolol: I'd forgotten about that. That was pure NSC Bronze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here