Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The thoughts of two teenage boys in the food queue

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Carpet in Dicks is nice.

If those lads in the future go to any away games they literally will be like Ive stepped into the dark ages.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Without sounding like an old git spouting the "it was tougher in my day" line I will anyway!!

As a child i watched the albion standing on a box (old sewing machine case - see below!!) on the chicken run. It was uncomfortable, really smelly and when we scored sometimes scary!! Stood on the same box at the cup final - when we scored I was literally lifted off the box!!

The match day experience in those days was the match itself - all the "extras" weren't a consideration. I stood in all weathers - regularly got soaked and frozen. But my memories of it all will always be with me - I know the world has moved on but have seen threads here that complain about how football has become too corporate and at the same time other threads that complain about the customer experience??? i know we pay our moniey and so expect something in return but I am getting more than a little tired of the stadium bashing..........my 8 year old son loves the Amex and would live there if he could!!

To all those who want to moan try to get some perspective and enoy the moment..........

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*sigh* I remember when we could only DREAM of a ceiling..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here