Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the thought of it exites me no end.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have a chance of moving back to Brighton sometime in the future it is my home and the thought of being able to go to matches again might just sway the balance in its favour.

what would you do give up space,fresh air,huge garden,no mortgage,ect ect or struggle in Brighton with the chance to see the Albion.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
we have a chance of moving back to Brighton sometime in the future it is my home and the thought of being able to go to matches again might just sway the balance in its favour.

what would you do give up space,fresh air,huge garden,no mortgage,ect ect or struggle in Brighton with the chance to see the Albion.

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you are talking of giving up life in the country to live in Brighton, I'd say no f***ing way

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Not a chance....Brighton imho is over-rated and way too pricey, its not worth the struggle.

Maybe if your considering a move...you could move a little closer to brighton and swap the countryside of south wales for somewhere within 100 miles of brighton.

You'd be mad to reduce your quality of life, just to be back in brighton again...its not all that!

But I reckon you maybe able to pick up a cheap gaff in falmer within the next 3 years!

:yahoo:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Keep the big garden and no mortgage. ! I'm thinking of moving to Wales in the not too distant future. If I sold my bungalow in Saltdean and paid off my mortgage I would still have enough left to buy a place in Mid/West Wales with several acres of land. Even though I would have to miss out on seeing the Albion on a regular basis, it's very tempting.

1066gull

dont have to move to brighton, why not somewhere in the countryside in sussex?

you have some value on your current property surely? use it to get a foot in some east sussex countryside surely?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
conuntryside and fresh air can be as over-rated as a waft of seaside ozone and you can actually get to miss the sound of seagulls. I miss seeing home games although I can get to a few away matches (from west wales that wont happen too often) ................but not having a mortgage to worry about makes any kind of suffering worthwhile. STAY PUT :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think some people are missing the point. He said what would you give up

I would give up beer for a year.....maybe that's pushing it:D

we have a chance of moving back to Brighton sometime in the future

I know it's not Brighton, but if you are looking for a nice house, there's one going just outside the city boundary.

From today's Falmer Parish Pump column in the Sussex Express:-

HOUSEWARMING: Last weekend also saw Eric and Marilyn Huxham’s housewarming party. I am told it was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all. There was a steel band playing and a marquee, the weather was glorious and I understand that Marilyn has decorated the new house beautifully. The Huxham’s former home in Falmer, Court Farm, is presently up for sale with an asking price of 2.5 million pounds.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I know it's not Brighton, but if you are looking for a nice house, there's one going just outside the city boundary.

From today's Falmer Parish Pump column in the Sussex Express:-

HOUSEWARMING: Last weekend also saw Eric and Marilyn Huxham’s housewarming party. I am told it was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all. There was a steel band playing and a marquee, the weather was glorious and I understand that Marilyn has decorated the new house beautifully. The Huxham’s former home in Falmer, Court Farm, is presently up for sale with an asking price of 2.5 million pounds.

Why would you pay £2.5m for a place in that dump? In a few years it'll have a huge stadium on its doorstep with thousands of people getting pissed up in the village and pissing in the pond on a regular basis. Nice ducks though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Move to Seaford, lovely seafront, great countryside and only a free train ride to Withdean/ Falmer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

We moved back to Sussex 3 years ago. We had no mortgage either. The fresh air is just as good, in fact sea air is reckoned to be better for you.
We couldn't afford Brighton though but in Newhaven we have extensive countryside views, the benefits of what Doug said about Seaford and also have free train journeys (30 mins) to watch the Albion. Prices are a lot cheaper here.

D

Deleted User X18H

Not a chance....Brighton imho is over-rated and way too pricey, its not worth the struggle.

Maybe if your considering a move...you could move a little closer to brighton and swap the countryside of south wales for somewhere within 100 miles of brighton.

You'd be mad to reduce your quality of life, just to be back in brighton again...its not all that!

But I reckon you maybe able to pick up a cheap gaff in falmer within the next 3 years!

:yahoo:
Sour Grapes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here