• Halifax Radio's playlist is shite
• Long eyelashes are more important than, oh, a cure for cancer
• Only washed up actors get the ambulance-chasing adverts gig
• Drinking Bombardier appears to get you a little bit hyper-active

What else can we learn from TV ads?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if you haven't got an iphone, you haven't got an iphone.

I was news to me i can tell you.

I haven't got one, so i guess i haven't got one.

tricky stuff

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
However quick a QuickQuid 'payday' loan is... the Representative 1734% APR makes it a very expensive few minutes!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
However quick a QuickQuid 'payday' loan is... the Representative 1734% APR makes it a very expensive few minutes!

lol those adverts do my head in when your watching sky sports news in the day!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
  • Toothbrushes that talk are actually slightly scary
  • Foster's have not taken into account the fact there are time differences between the UK and Australia
  • Strongbow aren't in the slightest bit patronising towards their target audience
  • If you are to advertise a product for women's products, producers need to be a little more subtle in ripping off girlie TV shows such as Sex & The City
  • Loud sirens, flashing messages and Bert Kwouk might entice you in placing a bet, piss-poor pundits pretending to be mechanics, Ray Winstone and Boris Becker won't
  • Luis Figo may still have the skills, but is an absolute sell-out
  • Some kid wants to do a poo in Paul's bathroom

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perhaps I should switch to Lynx. Then again, Mrs Titanic might not be overly impressed by the inevitable and constant flock of semi-naked beauties attempting to pull my clothes off!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
If you buy a Nissan Qashqai, you can drive up walls, make the walls move in and out for you, and jump off of a car park, causing no real damage to the car or occupants.
(you can't I have got one)

sent from my hospital bed by tapatalk.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whenever a group of 3 or more women appear onscreen together whilst walking, it is now within the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) statute to play the "Here Come The Girls" track.

Mens hair colouring products must always be filmed in another language, and heavily dubbed.

Honda ads must have a voiceover of a man of senior years talking to you as if you are in a care home.

If you are advertising sofas, you must not under any circumstances be wearing socks.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Citreons can actually turn into robots (I wish I knew that when I had my Saxo)
If you're a complete muppet at work you are entitled to some cash
You can lose weight by simply going on an internet site
I invented Windows 7 (that was news to me)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4153480 said:
The Milk Tray man needs to get a girlfriend who doesn't live at the peak of a 100ft snow-covered mountain surrounded by a shark infested moat

Isn't it about time that in the name of equality he ends up "and all because the Boyfriend loves Milk Tray"....

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
  • Red lego viaducts will withstand the weight of motor vehicles (according to Santander)
  • Sky TV has actually been around since Medieval times
  • The bunch of blokes from the Carling ad are probably the last people I'd want to go for a pint with (especially if they're all drinking that piss)
  • Cake Skodas are better than real ones

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm still stuck with the ingrained melody of ad-tunes for products that disappeared years ago....

"You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth wiith Pepsodent!"

Any more out there?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It might just be me, but over the years, whatever age the OXO Mummy is, she seems to be rather lovely :love:

It might just be me, but over the years, whatever age the OXO Mummy is, she seems to be rather lovely :love:

Lynda Bellingham or are going back to Katie "Gives your meal man appeal" that ran in their 60's ads?

Make your mind up time I think; an OXO woman or the semi-naked beauties? If thinking seriously of the latter then your proximety to the Weald 6th Form College may be a risk to factor in.

Lynda Bellingham or are going back to Katie "Gives your meal man appeal" that ran in their 60's ads?

Make your mind up time I think; an OXO woman or the semi-naked beauties? If thinking seriously of the latter then your proximety to the Weald 6th Form College may be a risk to factor in.

So now you changed the bloody product - Doh!!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Give a man a fish and he can feed himself and his family for just one day but give the man a net and the means to catch his own fish, he can feed himself and his family for a lifetime.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lynda Bellingham or are going back to Katie "Gives your meal man appeal" that ran in their 60's ads?...

I don't think we had a TV until the early 70's... and our first colour one for Virginia Wade's Wimbledon final triumph in 1977... so I'm afraid I have missed out on the fragrant delights of Katie and her man appeal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here