Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The things people put in the skip!!!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
So I was down the skip earlier binning some general waste & a car pulls up next to me just as I was about to finish, he had some heavy bits & bobs in his car so I offered to give him a hand, I then notice a box in the car that grabbed my attention.

Inside was the following.

71 programmes from 1971 to 1991.

1 flyer about donations needed to pay for steve forster wages.

2 huge scrap books with news paper clippings from 79 / 80 with some key events.

4 VHS (videos for the younger generation like myself)

1. Hereford united vs BHAFC - nationwide league div 3 - 3rd may 97 (guessing its the full game)

2. The Goldstone (I cant not wait to watch this!!! It has no information on the box its just one big pucture of crowds at the Goldstone)

3. Hortons heros part 1 - 98/99 (I guess its about our 'record breaking' 5 away wins in a row)

4.The Heart of football (just readin at the back and its about the goldstone / fans united / last game at the goldstone / sale of the goldstone / ground shareing with other teams.

So 1st I asked if these were to bin and he said yes, so I grabbed them and chucked them into my car! I then asked why he was binning them, his responce because he was a man united fan....

So all I need to do now is find a video player!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Good bit of history rescueing there! What exactly was a Man U fan doing with this treasure trove? All I can think is he's house clearing a relative (or parent maybe) who was an avid Albion fan ...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez,lucky you...all I found down the tip this morning was a heavy modern glass bowl....ideal for keeping all the things you got...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Try and get the VHS' put on to DVD's, I'm sure there are some on here who'd be more than happy to help!

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. Karma was smiling on you this morning!

He's a bit silly for not thinking to make a bit of money on ebay there though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here