Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Teachers Strike On Thursday

Does hours - represent hard work?

We work the longest hours in Europe and are the least productive nation, doesn't that tell you something?

Personally, I respect the work of teachers, nurses, fireman and other public servants, that should be paid a lot more for the essential work, they undertake.

As a nation we can afford it and as highlighted earlier on, if we want a nation of chavs, give our kids sub-prime education.

Around the world, rich or poor, teachers are highly respected, sometines the most respected profession, but oh no not in the uK.

We seem to respect footballers, models, city workers before people who actually deliver key services and where profit is not the key motive in their existence.

To me the key comparitive here, are the salaries of Eton, Winchester and Roedean teachers, if we want the best teachers we must pay market rate!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a nation we can afford it and as highlighted earlier on, if we want a nation of chavs, give our kids sub-prime education.
We don't give them sub prime education so I don't agree with you. What we need is for parents to take responsibility rather than blaming their kids failings on teachers.

To me the key comparitive here, are the salaries of Eton, Winchester and Roedean teachers, if we want the best teachers we must pay market rate!
This, on the other hand, is absolutely spot on.

We don't give them sub prime education so I don't agree with you. What we need is for parents to take responsibility rather than blaming their kids failings on teachers.

This, on the other hand, is absolutely spot on.

I agree with the need for teachers and our society to take more responsibility.

But, in some areas of the Country in the inner city areas, I would say education standards are often inadaquate.

Why is it if you look at education attainment of the worst 10 local authority areas, that they never change, the kids change but the worst 10 or stay as the worst 10.

Hackney, my borough, was so bad, it was and still is the only area where local education was taken out of local authority control. The record of Hull, Lambeth is no better.

These areas have failing schools, only attract new teachers that other schools reject and/or have temps from australia, New Zealand, who leave and lose that continuality, memory that is needed to establish good education.

O take Threatre point on board

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I'm going on a parents strike.
The teachers strike gave me the opportunity to take the kids to get new shoes today, which also involved a breakfast for four at BHS (it'd be rude not to), millies cookies bags, haircuts for three, new swimwear for all for the holidays, five pairs of aforementioned shoes and parking costs. Sssssh dont tell Mr Coach, I've just blown a couple of hundred of his finest pound coins!
I hope they're striking for more money for me!

Ah, you cant take it with you, can you!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Shame You Have To Empty Your Bile On Here.

Tell Me Nipple, What Is The Point Of You? I Mean, Zesh Rehman Does Angry Better, Downloaded Penguin Does Weirdness Better, The East Europeans Do Cleaning Cheaper.

Why would I justify myself to a no mark like you.

Your Mum seems to get the point of me - right up her gary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here