airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Got to give the knuckle draggers something to drool over on a Sunday I suppose.
I did 9 years in the Army & don't drag my knuckles-I might drool a bit but that's my age.Bet you are an outreach worker/social worker,who has never even looked at a Murdoch publication on principle.(or alternatively Sean Penn,a similar sounding idiot):lol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They all are newspapers. Just because the views expressed in them dont chime in your view of the world doesn't make them 'comic cuts'. We should be proud of a range of newspapers that we have in this country, newspapers that embrace both ends of the political spectrum and that appeal to all demographics, age and gender. There is room for tabloids (and demand judging by circulation) the same as there is for broadsheets. Fail to understand why people get so 'sniffy' about 'daily mail readers' or 'Sun readers'...................let people choose the paper they want to read and dont label them or their choice of paper.

During the week I have the Times and I disagree with many - perhaps most - of the views expressed by its columnists. That's a situation that occasionally wants to make me kick the cat but generally I find it invigorating. So I don't call a paper Comic Cuts because I disagree with its opinions. What worries me about the Mail, Express and Sun is that, like the Morning Star and no doubt the house journal of the SWP, they allow those opinions to be dressed up as facts.

All too often those three papers run 'news' headlines that are designed specifically to manipulate their readers, to make them even angrier with foreigners and social workers than they were when they went to bed last night. They are not alone in this - the Telegraph often does the same - but they are the worst. People who are interested in politics can see through it but many people aren't, and accept the stuff that's being paraded.

Ducks for cover.

D

Deleted member 18477

i never buy a paper anymore. i view...

the sun online during the week for my 'shit news'
bbc news for 'proper news'
bbc sport for 'general sport news'
NSC for 'brighton related news'

as for sunday? i dont really care about any news as its super sunday/hangover/housework/top gear day!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Is it just me that uses NSC for my only official news source quicker and more accurate than the tabloid shite.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Al38_RmCAAAhYpm.jpg

The happiest newsroom in the world SMILE.
"SUN the greatest paper in the world?"

I felt this post needed music as well.

Last edited:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I buy the...

Sun
Express
Daily Mail for real news.

Watch Sky news and sports in the evening.

BBC hates all things British and the left wing papers I use to wipe my arse with.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I buy the...

Sun
Express
Daily Mail for real news.

Watch Sky news and sports in the evening.

BBC hates all things British and the left wing papers I use to wipe my arse with.

Buy toilet paper its cheaper and kinder.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
For those who miss the NOTW and are looking forward to the SOS - is there anything a paper could do that would make you not consider buying it? Or is good sports coverage all that matters?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
For those who miss the NOTW and are looking forward to the SOS - is there anything a paper could do that would make you not consider buying it? Or is good sports coverage all that matters?

Yeah the Leader and its free and they don't incroch on your civil liberties.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
During the week I have the Times and I disagree with many - perhaps most - of the views expressed by its columnists. That's a situation that occasionally wants to make me kick the cat but generally I find it invigorating. So I don't call a paper Comic Cuts because I disagree with its opinions. What worries me about the Mail, Express and Sun is that, like the Morning Star and no doubt the house journal of the SWP, they allow those opinions to be dressed up as facts.

All too often those three papers run 'news' headlines that are designed specifically to manipulate their readers, to make them even angrier with foreigners and social workers than they were when they went to bed last night. They are not alone in this - the Telegraph often does the same - but they are the worst. People who are interested in politics can see through it but many people aren't, and accept the stuff that's being paraded.

Ducks for cover.

No need to 'duck for cover' mate, your merely expressing your views on a chat forum, so you are entitled to write whatever you like.

We have to accept that our newspapers are politically biased (and to be fair they admit this) and it's the individuals choice as to what paper they choose to read and that for every Daily Mail 'Foriegners living in our country taking benefits' headline you are going to get a Guardian 'Britain provides a safe haven for people fleeing an oppressive regime' .

To an extent all of our newspapers give stories a bit of 'spin' to ensure the stories fit the papers agenda and I'm sure the majority of its readers realise this.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It'll be a horrible hate filled shite rag just like it's stable mate.
Will not see the light of day in my house

Indeed - dumbed down for idiots and the lazy. It'll be no different for the NoTW, why anyone would buy that cr*p is beyond me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
why is there not a market for a daily/weekly sports paper in the UK?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sun of News of the World ? ( SNOW job ?).

Don't trust any of the media - so I stick with the absolute truth of NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here