Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The strange case of Adam El Abd

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How the hell has Gus Poyet managed to TRANSFORM him from utterly clueless, always backing-off liability, to potentially one of the key men in an assault on the title?

He's a completely different player.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How the hell has Gus Poyet managed to TRANSFORM him from utterly clueless, always backing-off liability, to potentially one of the key men in an assault on the title?

I believe they call it coaching. It is quite true though, he is a potential Player of the Season even at this early stage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ees fotball.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Adam El-Abd

Do doo de dodo.....

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
well for one he moved him in to centre back which is very he clearly feels more comfortable i mean, adam el-abd is not the paciest guy so putting him up against pacey right wingers all the time is suicide!

but yes he has changed to a key player in our team!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
coaching is a good point. but there also remains the possibility that he was never all that bad, as several managers always felt they could put him in the side and move him from position to position each week. but what did they know?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Will be Bennett if we can keep him after January.

You're right but there is a difference, now we don't have to sell players and we also have something we haven't had for many years, potential.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Err. No Chuckle Brothers. Simples.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
coaching is a good point. but there also remains the possibility that he was never all that bad, as several managers always felt they could put him in the side and move him from position to position each week. but what did they know?

I never understood the grief he got pre-Poyet. He's not great with a ball at his feet but he's a defender and doesn't need to be. That said he did score one of the finest goals i've ever seen

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think I've seen a huge difference in him this year, he has always been quality at centre back and less comfortable at full back. I think Gus is trying to encourage the keeper and other players to limit how much they pass to him so there is less danger of one of his infamous backpasses and just let Adam concentrate on doing what he does best.

I am delighted for him to been getting the plaudits and a regular run in the team at centre back. I do feel for him if/when Greer replaces him, he is so commited to Brighton and one of the few left from the youth team.

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Incredible turnaround.

What a transformation.

matthew-kelly.jpg

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
the Plymouth forums described him as ' Positively evil' :laugh: ...I think for the way he got their fella booked ....

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I never understood the grief he got pre-Poyet. He's not great with a ball at his feet but he's a defender and doesn't need to be. That said he did score one of the finest goals i've ever seen

On the left peg too...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

Nail on head.

No doubt about it, he has improved vastly under Poyet, but he always was a good centre back.

AeA:bowdown:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

He's improved but he isn't completely different. He is a solid, hardworking, strong defender and always has been.

If anyone was or is 'utterly clueless' it's the bellends on here who write a player off prematurely.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I don't think he has. What has happened is that he has gone through periods in his career when he has been playing better than others. At the moment he's playing well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You are joking right? Or was the second Mickey Adams era so painful that you have blocked all of it from memory?

True, but the 2nd Micky Adams period was arguably the worst coaching line-up we have ever seen at the Albion.

Adams, Booker and White taking football back to the 70's seemed to be the theme of that period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here