Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stone Roses

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Saw them last night in Manchester.Any concerns about Ian Brown's voice were quickly forgotten about,he hit every note.Finally one of the great bands have got a voice to match the genius of the music. Unforgettable gig,simply sensational.Completely blew the odious Liam Gallagher and his dirge Beady Eye out of Manchester.Waited 20 years for this,and ill remember it till i die.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Saw them last night in Manchester.Any concerns about Ian Brown's voice were quickly forgotten about,he hit every note.Finally one of the great bands have got a voice to match the genius of the music. Unforgettable gig,simply sensational.Completely blew the odious Liam Gallagher and his dirge Beady Eye out of Manchester.Waited 20 years for this,and ill remember it till i die.

Fantastic. I hope the rumours are true and they tour OZ soon!! Can't wait to see them again.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

I concur sir, especially with the Gallagher part. At least the majority of the crowd werent even bothering with Beady Eye. I went Friday and Saturday and ill admit I was expecting the worst, but Im pleased to say it was mega. Bit of of shame about the logistics in getting out there and back and getting a drink, but that was pretty much expected.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
To be honest,problems with toilets and getting a drink are to be expected at these events,anyway there are ways and means.I was more dissapointed on the huge mark up on prices for food,drink etc,everyones on the make! Anyway,the roses were so good that for me,it was worth the expense.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The gig was absolutely amazing, blew me away. I was a bit aprehensive before but they were incredible. I still cant believe I actually got to see them live, never thought it would happen.

I didnt have a problem with the drink or toilets, it was a lot better than Fat Boy Slim at the Amex. The 6 and a half mile walk back to our hotel in Bury wasnt great though as we couldnt get a taxi.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The gig was absolutely amazing, blew me away. I was a bit aprehensive before but they were incredible. I still cant believe I actually got to see them live, never thought it would happen.

I didnt have a problem with the drink or toilets, it was a lot better than Fat Boy Slim at the Amex. The 6 and a half mile walk back to our hotel in Bury wasnt great though as we couldnt get a taxi.

Agree with all of this - including the walking part! I too was staying in Bury and opted to walk the 6 miles home, whilst my friends opted for hanging about trying to flag a taxi. Hey presto, I beat them home by 30 mins still!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
A magical night Friday , I love naughty weekends up north. The combination of pre-planning , the right drugs, great music and snogging a young northern girl all evening (not the night sadly) made it my weekend of 2012. Glad we were there Friday.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I went to last nights gig and it was epic...Truly fantastic.

It was very muddy but that was the only issue as I found queing for the bog no problem at all. I did not bother attempting to get a drink in Heaton Park so I cannot comment on that but getting food was fine. We had a result on the way out as after being quoting silly prices for taxis back to the city centre one pulled-up alongside us with one bloke in it who said we could jump in with him for £2 each.

Back to the performance, they were on excellent form and although Squire showed off a lot on the guitar the real star was Reni and his genius drumming. Brown's voice has never been perfect - everyone knows that - but I thought it held up well considering this was the last of 3 consecutive shows. The vocals did start to falter towards the end but he got through and Reni's backing-vocals were spot on.

But this was a real event and when you look past the countless people completely mashed in one way or another the atmosphere was fantastic. The sight of thousands upon thousands of fans dancing, singing and in general awe of an iconic band will live with me forever...The love that has been exuded over this weekend has been immense and not lost on the group.

I love The Stone Roses but I never believed I would get the opportunity to see them live, yesterday was a dream come true and I am still buzzing...

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Manchester BHA

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Went to the Sunday show.

Back at work now and still buzzing from the show. Truly brilliant!

- Northerners are well happy and friendly, I liked them all. The city centre had the Roses blaring out of every available orrifice.
- The Wailers playing Bob Marley songs as the sun came out was great.
- The Justice Tonight Band made up of Mick Jones,Pete Wylie, and The Farm were a great start today especially All Together Now at the end.
- The Roses were better than ever, musically brilliant, captivating, exceptional, probably the best set I’ve ever seen.
- John Squire is a white Jimi and Reni was sublime
- Made In Stone was a spiritual experience.
- The bars were rubbish at the Gig though - 45 mins for a beer was the only down side

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Went to the Sunday show.

Back at work now and still buzzing from the show. Truly brilliant!

- Northerners are well happy and friendly, I liked them all. The city centre had the Roses blaring out of every available orrifice.
- The Wailers playing Bob Marley songs as the sun came out was great.
- The Justice Tonight Band made up of Mick Jones,Pete Wylie, and The Farm were a great start today especially All Together Now at the end.
- The Roses were better than ever, musically brilliant, captivating, exceptional, probably the best set I’ve ever seen.
- John Squire is a white Jimi and Reni was sublime
- Made In Stone was a spiritual experience.
- The bars were rubbish at the Gig though - 45 mins for a beer was the only down side

My brother went on Friday said exactly the same about the bars, people were getting angry and in the end the bar near him got trashed and people were just helping themselves.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
To be honest the whole site didn't really seem big enough for 75,000 people but it didn't really seem to get to anyone.

By Sunday I think though that most of the people were prepared for a busy bar so got well on it early. It was only really busy during Plan B, before then the system actually worked pretty well.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I went to last nights gig and it was epic...Truly fantastic.

It was very muddy but that was the only issue as I found queing for the bog no problem at all. I did not bother attempting to get a drink in Heaton Park so I cannot comment on that but getting food was fine. We had a result on the way out as after being quoting silly prices for taxis back to the city centre one pulled-up alongside us with one bloke in it who said we could jump in with him for £2 each.

Back to the performance, they were on excellent form and although Squire showed off a lot on the guitar the real star was Reni and his genius drumming. Brown's voice has never been perfect - everyone knows that - but I thought it held up well considering this was the last of 3 consecutive shows. The vocals did start to falter towards the end but he got through and Reni's backing-vocals were spot on.

But this was a real event and when you look past the countless people completely mashed in one way or another the atmosphere was fantastic. The sight of thousands upon thousands of fans dancing, singing and in general awe of an iconic band will live with me forever...The love that has been exuded over this weekend has been immense and not lost on the group.

I love The Stone Roses but I never believed I would get the opportunity to see them live, yesterday was a dream come true and I am still buzzing...

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Manchester BHA

Spot on Thimble.

I was there Saturday night.

Easily the best gig I've ever been too - fantastic.

Even met former Albion defender Bob Isaac next to a bin!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Stayed up the whole weekend but saw them on the Sunday. One of the best weekends of my life. Waterfall was probably the most beautiful and spine-tingling experience I've ever known.

Will never forget it.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Also went Friday got in early so was able to get a few beers in before the queue just went around the park. Toilet area was getting very boggy early evening and it had not even rained. Managed to get back to the park and ride in Middleton by 23:45 and on motorway by midnight. Home by five tired but still buzzing. This was the third time I have seen the Roses and by far the best as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here