Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stone Roses

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have listened to the first Album regularly for over 20 years and it still astounds me. There is no doubt in my mind that it is the best Album ever made. I named my two cats Mani and Reni

It is often the only thing that will soothe and calm my Aspergers son. It never stops giving me pleasure and joy.

Thanks Ian, John, Mani and Reni. PLease tour down under in the near future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weird, I'm listening to it at the moment. I wasn't into it when it came out, but fortunately the wife was.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"The Stone Roses is making me want to cry, I love it so much. i want to listen to it forever." My son has just declared. That's my boy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How old is he?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's on quietly, they're asleep

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep off to Manchester next week and cant wait.That album is pure genius.I love Made of Stone.

I have heard they are planning a tour down under I can't wait!! Enjoy Manchester. Let u know how they are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
7, he's been listening to it since birth! Used to sing Made of Stone to him to put him to sleep (I sing just like Ian) now it is his favourite song!
Good work. I struggle to get the kids into adult music. Last year they were into queen's 'we are the champions' (can't imagine why). At the moment it's Mull of Kintyre (daughter), Wuthering Heights (daughter) and Mardy Bum (son).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have just put the live in blackpool dvd on and Dylan is glued to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How good is ressurrection,12 minutes long,and Reni proving what a wonderful drummer he is!!!!

The whole thing is amazing. Resurection and she bangs the drums partiularly good.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Was that a guess, or are you listening to a different version? I've got 8 mins here.

No,there is a live version. Badfish has it on dvd. I have as an extra on the 20th anniversary album.Live in Blackpool.Ressurection is astonishingly good!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No,there is a live version. Badfish has it on dvd. I have as an extra on the 20th anniversary album.Live in Blackpool.Ressurection is astonishingly good!
Ah. Enjoy, I'm turning in.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shame they couldn't play live (which makes you wonder how much of that album's greatness is down to the production).

Their Reading Festival set was the worst gig of all time. People were literally in tears it was that bad. Brown couldn't sing, the band couldn't play, there was just this horrible noise. You couldn't even recognise most of the songs.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Shame they couldn't play live (which makes you wonder how much of that album's greatness is down to the production).

Their Reading Festival set was the worst gig of all time. People were literally in tears it was that bad. Brown couldn't sing, the band couldn't play, there was just this horrible noise. You couldn't even recognise most of the songs.

the blackpool stuff is on you tube. check out some of it.its really good.you may change your opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here