Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The state of Old Trafford...

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
ABSOLUTELY! Can you imagine paying £55 to go to a gig and the roof leaking on you?
1715783857821.png

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I see our roof yesterday provided a free waterfall experience to some of our fans, was that the West Stand? Anyone on here unlucky enough to be under it?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
When ESU was built my family and I moved up there. It was only a season or two into it when the roof leaked and the rain ran along the girders and stopped right above me and seats either side were dry, I was constantly dripped on. I hope it has been fixed. Although tbf, when the Amex opened we were in ESL row H, right on the drip line and soaked in the rain!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When ESU was built my family and I moved up there. It was only a season or two into it when the roof leaked and the rain ran along the girders and stopped right above me and seats either side were dry, I was constantly dripped on. I hope it has been fixed. Although tbf, when the Amex opened we were in ESL row H, right on the drip line and soaked in the rain!
If it hasn't, contact supporter services. They pass it on and always get it fixed.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ensuring your ground complies to minimum standards should really be a condition of Premier League membership. That includes making sure that stands don't leak. Same thing happens at Arsenal. It's lazy ownership and it's damaging to the product.
It only damages the product if people stop buying into it and revenue drops. That doesn't seem to be happening at OT or the Emirates.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm in the North now under the control box so no worries. I think I may have contacted PBOBE at the time, can't remember. I did contact him about there not being any premium lager up there and he put me in contact with the catering manager. Met him at the Amex for a freebie lunch and the next game Kronenbourg was in on those mobile stands. No need to thank me. 🙂

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It looked like it was coming down on a pitch side steward, thing is it's rained harder at games before and never happened
From where I sit in WSU, that was directly below me. The club had put tape around the affected seats. Problem was as the wind blew and the intensity of the leak fluctuated, the seats the cascade was hitting were changing. I estimate that the leak was affecting up to 10 seats in width and it was also variable in that it appeared to change rows. Luckily as it was holiday season, and 'only' man utd, there were plenty of other spaces for the displaced people.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
From my seat in WSU I can see small areas of the roof that appear to have been patched. Quite surprising that the roof already needs attention when it's only 13 years old.
I remember when it used to be a gorgeous clear blue as well. Looked so nice when the sun shone through. Whilst I'm in the WSU I stay dry but I do feel for fans in the first 10 ten rows of the lower bowl.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I remember when it used to be a gorgeous clear blue as well. Looked so nice when the sun shone through. Whilst I'm in the WSU I stay dry but I do feel for fans in the first 10 ten rows of the lower bowl.
Yes, my son mentioned that it needs a good clean. Not sure if it's possible to restore the original colour.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Yes, my son mentioned that it needs a good clean. Not sure if it's possible to restore the original colour.
I'm sure I read somewhere that you'd need to replace the roof to get the blue colour back and that the club are 'disappointed' that it's faded so quickly.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'm in the North now under the control box so no worries. I think I may have contacted PBOBE at the time, can't remember. I did contact him about there not being any premium lager up there and he put me in contact with the catering manager. Met him at the Amex for a freebie lunch and the next game Kronenbourg was in on those mobile stands. No need to thank me. 🙂
There’s been a regular drip coming off of the corner of the control box for the last 10 seasons. Enjoy.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Well I can report the drip above my seat at the back of N1F has finally been fixed after 5 seasons… so I’m alright Jack.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
You like drinking piss?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here