Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Standard

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Creation not Creations.

I heard that people that own The Event were buying somewhere else (possibly Creation) and were going to use that while The Event was being renovated.

The Honey Club is also shut I believe.

Oceana in Milton Keynes really is no better than The Event.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Used to go into swifts in the late 80s early 90s.Always good for a pre club drink,never saw any trouble.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Luminar Leisure bought all of the 'Creation's in the UK, after the company that did own them, 'The Nightclub Company', went under. The Works chain was also bought, when 'The Nightclub Company' went under.

Only been to Kingston & Bristol Oceanas, both different but very nice imo, infact im off to Kingston tommorow :)

Honey Club is only shut for a month for a refurb [short time, wonder wot they're doing] as I said, all Luminar did was buy up all the immediate competition, and effectively doubled their profits

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't know wht but I have never been able to get into The Standard. The bouncers always state that it's too busy, or there's too many blokes in there, or some other lame excuse.

I guess i'm not missing too much then. :nono:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Infact, on second thoughts I dont think they will re-open the Event II, bareing in mind how busy Creation is, and how close they are, and having seen their trading report

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
fatboy said:
The Honey Club is also shut I believe.
The honey is having a refurb at the moment, although it's still been opening on friday and saturday. They're knocking one of the walls through to the tzar bar so the dancefloor will be about twice the size when they've finished. Went there on friday night and was quite impressed by it so far

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm not a massive fan of the standard but quite a few people i know do like it there. I do try to avoid it as best i can but cant when its friends birthdays but hopefully it will deter them from going there, now that they have change the laws.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
edna krabappel said:
I believe the old Oriana's club is included in this too.
Ahhh, Oriana's. Such memories.

The circular shape of the the "barrier" around the dance floor made it quite literally into a cattle market. Many a night was spent casually leaning on that, surveying the bovine specimens as they paraded round their handbags, before making a selection and moving in for a prime bit of rump.

Happy days.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Event closes around March to become a supposedly classy 'superclub' - Oceana and will not admit under 21s apparently. It will incorporate the old site of Oriana's and has in effect 6 or 7 different bars/themed areas within the venue including some plush VIP rooms. I've seen the plans and it actually looks quite nice.

Creation will remain open whilst Oceana is completed and it is due to open around Sept/Oct.

Creation will then close on Jan 1 '07' to have its own refurbishment although i don't know if it will remain as Creation or change it name.

The plan as i see it is to have Oceana as a venue for over 21 clubgoers and Creation as the over 18 Chav venue.

The Standard failed to play ball and get their act together with the Police following the recent licensing act changes, unlike the Event and Creation who have both improved significantly. Unfortunately for the Standard they are now suffering the consequences and have some severe restrictions on their licence that even had the Police doing a sharp intake of breath! Management at the Standard estimate their weekly reduction in turnover could be as high as £20,000!! Ouch!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
dougdeep said:
What did that place used to be called? I spent some great times in there around 1970.

The Queen Anne. :clap2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:

The circular shape of the the "barrier" around the dance floor made it quite literally into a cattle market. Many a night was spent casually leaning on that, surveying the bovine specimens as they paraded round their handbags, before making a selection and moving in for a prime bit of rump.

Happy days.

In all my years clubbing in Brighton I have to say Orianas holds most of the best memories, other memerable nights that deserve a mention were had in the "Pink Coconut". Orries was a brilliant night and normally violence free, although I do remember a time midweek when some lad came in wearing a pompey beanie hat - it lasted about 10 minutes before burnt to a cinder!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
filthy said:
I'm not a massive fan of the standard but quite a few people i know do like it there. I do try to avoid it as best i can but cant when its friends birthdays but hopefully it will deter them from going there, now that they have change the laws.

Only because you've been chucked out/arrested in there about seven times.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
filthy said:

I dont like it in there, they always play shit music. Cant you go anywhere in Brighton or Hove now where they play decent dance and Old Skool rave music??? :down:

Easy 10 said:

Happy days.

Almost my own recollections entirely, except mine often ended with moving in for the rump, then moving back out to the barrier again sharpish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here