Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I wonder where Martin's found the new P&R.

How about Marsh Barn or whatever it is called in Lancing where the new training ground will be. Surely there will be parking spaces there and perfect for getting to the Amex straight over the A27. I am wondering if this is why he didn't mention where as we don't have planning permission for the training ground yet.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
And so it shall be......

15efdaq.jpg

It should look even better than that because the east upper tiers wrap around the corners.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
5000 seats this summer - ESU, South West and South East.

500 before December - 1901 SW

2750 before start of 2013-14 season - NW, NE and 1901 NW

Sounds about right...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
First list obviously has 1000 on it (which is being worked through now, might even be cleared now actually), 2nd list with 2,000 or so will get started after May 1st

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
How about Marsh Barn or whatever it is called in Lancing where the new training ground will be. Surely there will be parking spaces there and perfect for getting to the Amex straight over the A27. I am wondering if this is why he didn't mention where as we don't have planning permission for the training ground yet.

Good Shout

Far too far away.

not really as its all on the bypass.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Wasn't there a worry (I can't remember from who) before the stadium was built that we wouldn't fill the business model of an average of 15,000 a game?

Now looking at this sort of expansion within a year. wow.

I hope I've got my facts right. :)

Hickstead?

Indeed. Did an interview with Melanie Cutress recently as part of my University Dissertation Project, and when talking about the expansion plans she mentioned that the club were hoping to set up a P&R at Hickstead for any fans coming from London and up North etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here