Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sorry state of British newspaper journalism

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was interested to read this story

BBC NEWS | UK | How crime has lost out to showbiz

......and amazed to see a resident of this town proudly announce, in the feedback at the foot of the story, that he buys a paper every day "mainly for the showbiz gossip" :nono:

Is Mark Rogers on NSC?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Intresting article. It also says as much about modern society as the journalism involved. Do the masses actually want to read celebrity gossip all the time? I stopped buying the sun about 5 years ago, but still get it occasionally as you can read it in about 10 minutes, I suspect that is why it sell so much.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I lament the decline in the attention-span of our today's media-savvy consumers and the general dumbing-down of the news. As for that BBC article I couldn't be bothered to read all of it cos it was a bit long.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I lament the decline in the attention-span of our today's media-savvy consumers and the general dumbing-down of the news. As for that BBC article I couldn't be bothered to read all of it cos it was a bit long.

Shorter posts please, Pav. I haven't got all day.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Shorter posts please, Pav. I haven't got all day.

PAV SLAMS DUMB BRITS
"Beeb boring" shock

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is the EXACT issue of those who were 'disappointed' or 'surprised' that Brighton employed Russell Slade as a manager.

There is a 'now' or the 'celebrity junk culture' generation that wanted a 'name' manager - in other words, one that had been spoon-fed to us by the ever-insulting hacks who only want to tell us about someone 'controversial' or 'interesting'.

Bollocks to whether he is any good or not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interestingly enough today I was walking past Horseferry Road Magistrates Court and there was a pile of photographers there plus TV. Must have been at least 50 media people all scrumming down. All for Amy Winehouse. Could be the next Jade ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here