Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'The Slap' - BBC Four (Thursday 22:00) - Anybody Else Hooked?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rarely got the attention span to follow anything much at all, but IMHO 'The Slap' is well worth the effort. Based on a book of the same name, its a superb drama comprising eight seperate tales all based around a really annoying kid getting a slap at an Oz barbie to celebrate one of the characters 40th birthday party. Each of the episodes examines the effects of The Slap on a seperate character. None of the set of half a dozen usual stock Aussie actors are present, which adds to the purity of the thing. Well worth an hour of anybody's time IMHO. Repeated on Saturday on BBC 4 at 22:30 or available as a catch-up on BBC iPlayer. :thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The wife watched the first episode and from what I saw of it it resembled 'Neighbours' on an off-day. Couldn't work out what the narration was there for either. Maybe it was just that the whole slap part of it seemed a little ludicrous.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No but I am hooked to the Jury on ITV at 9pm every day this week.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sounds more entertaining than the book. It's a good concept but the writing was KANGAROO BOLLOCKS.

Totally agree. I read more than half of it and it was self indulgent rubbish. Nothing happened and the characters were loathsome. An over rated tedious failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here