Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The situation with Pardew...

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Now, I know we didn't get the injunction in the end, but anyone who saw South Today last night, they talked about Coppell and Reading, and mentioned that the "clause to go to a higher division club" was not true.

The Pardew scenario was that despite the contract not allowing him to go, he just resigned. Then we refused his resignation. Could DK do the same?

Or is this unlikely to be similar?

Wilts - keeping a low profile..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stay as low as you like Wilts, but you're quietly praying that it's Coppell for Reading, aren't you and I don't blame you but..

Remember how pissed you were about Pardew, this is the 4th time this has happened to us and each time we have been close to the top of the table and looking set. You have no idea how bad this feels to an Albion fan:(

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No hard feelings against you Wilts. You know SC is the right man. But Madejski pontificating about the morals in the game ? He may have followed proper procedures, but he has trampled all over the spirit of the game. He is no better than Pardew. And that is saying something. In the last few seasons there have been actions by your club that have left a very bad taste - the attempts to unsettle Junior Lewis, the pinching of Sidwell, but this is a disgrace.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I still don't firmly believe that Coppell will come. We are not announcing anything today (according to club SMS), and after meeting all you bunch, I can't believe that our club continues to f*ck over Brighton.

I know how it feels (even the suspense is killing us on both sides).

If Coppell comes here, then I shall open my (albeit not very big) back pocket and donate some hard-earned cash towards REMF. Hold me to it. It would hardly be emotional compensation as £30 here or there isn't likely to make that much of a difference to how you'd all feel, but its the least I can do. Fair do's?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
All I can say Wilts is remove the f***ing Chucklt Brothers form your avatar, they are really winding me up, I am feeling very aggressive this morning and they are making me want to punch someone.

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
All i can say wilts u wont be welcome if u STEAL yet again from us!!

First Sidwell now coppell!!!

u better hope coppell stays with the BIG CLUB - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nice gesture Wilts.

Nothing against Reading really but after the Championship bullshit, the sidwell situation and now this Madjeski really is taking the f***ing biscuit.

I have lost all respect for Reading in the last two years and now i feel like coming up there and shitting on Madjeskis face.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
tinx said:
All I can say Wilts is remove the f***ing Chucklt Brothers form your avatar, they are really winding me up, I am feeling very aggressive this morning and they are making me want to punch someone.

To be fair, even if you mean that in jest, I am actually fed up with them two Chuckle Brothers too, so Lionel is back...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lionel? I thought it was Thierry Henry!

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
I don't see what Maj has done wrong.... the Pardew situation was that WHU asked to speak to Pardew but Maj refused, because they were their rival's for the 1st Division Championship, then Pardew done one anyway.

In this case Maj has asked Knight if he can talk to Coppell and has been given permission because Knight won't stand in the way of Coppell (or anybody else it seems) stepping up a level. Good work on Knight's behalf - the Pardew/WHU situation shows you cannot keep a manger who wants to leave....

On the other hand, the Sidwell/Lewis problems were all down to Pardew who is a tosser of the highest order.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, Pardew did the runner. As far as I can see, West Ham did everything by the book, and if they didn't, then show me the proof.

The whole thing was a charade by Madjeski, whining like a 3 year old girl and attempting to increase his popularity with Reading fans. I hate chairmen like that. Only two seasons ago he was saying that Pardew would be sacked if he didn't turn their form around PDQ.

T.W.A.T.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Right.... I'm still held to the donation of £30 if Coppell goes to Reading.

Is REMF the best option, or is a donation towards getting this Falmer ground sorted a better idea, bearing in mind that its delay is the root of the problem?

It may have to wait until October 31st when I get my first pay packet, so bear with me... you know me on here and know what I'm like, so make sure I am kept aware of it (17th-30th is very hectic and I won't be on the internet at all). A couple of you have my e-mail address, so don't hesitate to remind me if I'm not on here for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here