Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single most exciting talent in British music today

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
mercury music award.
wake up mate, that is all about money and sales within the industry it has nothing to do with talent at all.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i agree they are mostly one hit album wonders.

i liked ms dynamite but where did she go?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Not being down with the kids, i feel I can't give the definitive answer as to who's the most talented with the beats.
I do like the streets lyrics, remind me of the social commentary of a Madness or Blur or Kinks.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
But listen to the production. The mans 19 years old, I think that's pretty exciting.

Good production ought to be something you can't hear.

I do like Dizzee though. He's very exciting. Kind of like when the London Posse came out and scared people in the early 90s.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
Good production ought to be something you can't hear.

I do like Dizzee though. He's very exciting. Kind of like when the London Posse came out and scared people in the early 90s.

Surely good production should be noticeable? I know what you mean that bad production stands out but guys like Timbaland and Premier's production is outstanding too because of the good quality, as is Dizzees IMHO.

ramble ramble

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There speaks someone who has undoubtedly NEVER listened to the streets or dizzee rascals stuff without having already written it off beforehand.

You don't win the mercury music prize for nothing.

I'll admit to not having bought the albums, but as for writing someone off beforehand thats bollocks CTS I wouldnt know who they where without having heard them.

I'm inclined to agree with the blur/kinks/madness analogy re the streets, although I doubt they'll have the staying power, much like Blur where only a shadow of Madness and likewise madness the Kinks in that respect, markets move too fast for anyone to grow in that respect these days.

as for the mercury prize Babyshambles and D'Angelo Saxon have it spot on . . . .its a purely fabricated scenario, much like the charts themselves

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:

as for the mercury prize Babyshambles and D'Angelo Saxon have it spot on . . . .its a purely fabricated scenario, much like the charts themselves

I don't think that way. I'm not saying it's good BECAUSE it won but it was up against a lot of other very talented artists.

Maybe i shouldn't have brought that up really.

Anyhoo you just said that you wrote them off even though you haven't heard of them yet you can still call it 'ballcocks'. How's that work??

I agree that the streets may not be around as long as those you have mentioned but you have also explained why yourself, because the world moves quicker. In terms of him being popular because of marketing, well that's a load of shit. I get into it because he writes about things that are important to me and does it extremely well, his 'social commentary' is second to none. You can sit anyone in their 20's down in a room and they will be able to relate to most of the stuff on his albums and raise a rye smile to most of it because it's happened to them, that is where the talent is.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Paul Weller was a genius writing timeless classics at the age of 19 in the jam, how many of these artists will have peple singing along 20 years into the future?

Most exciting talent?

The Ordinary Boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here