• No. Recycled, tired. Should be axed.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Fence. Don't have a cow, man.

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was watching a new episode last week and realised that I no longer find it funny and will now turn over if something else is on. I reckon it's now way past its sell by date and was never as funny as King of the Hill or Family Guy. The film is just one big cash-in before its retired for good.

What do you reckon?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I did exactly the same thing last week. Deffo had it's day

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was watching a new episode last week and realised that I no longer find it funny and will now turn over if something else is on. I reckon it's now way past its sell by date and was never as funny as King of the Hill or Family Guy. The film is just one big cash-in before its retired for good.

What do you reckon?

Maybe you just got used to the sense of humour. A bit like reading Terry Pratchett, you read a couple and they're funny but after that you're used to the way he writes and no longer surprising

Having said that, I used to love the Simpsons but haven't watched for a few years now.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's nowhere near as good as it was in its peak but its had a bloody good run, they were always going to run out of ideas eventually.

I think it is widely assumed the movie will mark the end of the franchise and I hope they go out with a bang.

To say it was never as funny as King of the Hill or Family Guy however is a joke in itself.

Nothing will ever touch the Simpsons in its day for originality, comedy brilliance and rewatchability.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Sadly, It has had its day. I just hope the producers/writers now leave us with the movie which I cannot wait to see and honestly hope will be a cracking movie !!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Futurama and family guy are far far better.

The problem is they have run out of material a long time ago and use the same joke.

The real crime is that Futurama got pulled of the air because of the Simpsons when in my view Futuram had a few more series left in it - lucky enough they are bringing it back!

The real crime is that Futurama got pulled of the air because of the Simpsons when in my view Futuram had a few more series left in it - lucky enough they are bringing it back!

Really? Great stuff.

The film does look good though, I think they've pulled out all the stops to raise one great big belly-laugh of fun before calling it a day.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Haven't watched the Simpsons since the February Virgin Sky One turn-off. I never watch the C4 repeats.

Looking forward greatly to the movie and must look into downloading the new episodes from the net. Then I can view them and make my own mind up rather than listening to people who are lucky enough to be able to watch them broadcast on TV talking about switching over.

Grr.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
People are still watching it so they'll keep making it.

In the words of Troy McLure in the 134th episode spectacular "who know's what crazy adventures they'll get up to between now and the time the series becomes unprofitable."

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not as good as a few years ago but I still want it to carry on.

I've seen some of the trailers of The Simpsons movie on YOU TUBE - looks good!

(Spider Pig LOL)

I prefer Family Guy at the moment but , of course, there weren't so many made!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's not as good as a few years ago but I still want it to carry on.

I've seen some of the trailers of The Simpsons movie on YOU TUBE - looks good!

(Spider Pig LOL)

I prefer Family Guy at the moment but , of course, there weren't so many made!

That made me laugh.

Why is there pig marks on the celling?

LOL

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
The Simpsons has had it's day, I'm afraid, but Family Guy is just a poor Simpsons rip off.
If you actually watch it is not really like the Simpsons at all. The similarities are mostly superficial (it's a cartoon... about a family...).

Simpsons has definitely gone on too long. The last few series have hardly raised a chuckle, compared to the hilarity of the prime episode's it is dire.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce
Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce Goldfish don't bounce

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
One of my favorate programmes but unfortunatley its had its day. It stopped being funny/good years ago. I think they should have stopped making episodes years ago. I havent seen any new ones since Sky one got axed, but before that the new ones were some of the worst episodes ive ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here