Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Shopping List thread

Oh my word - Frijj Chocolate Brownie milkshake. C'est magnifique.

Since this is a thread unto itself, may as well ask the connoisseurs of NSC for their favourite culinary commendations.
(expecting DR to mention how shit everything is, naturalicht)

Anyway, ball rolling....

Budgens bakery Rosemary and Cranberry loaf.
Wilkin and Sons Tiptree Orange Marmalade
Sainsbury's bakery multi-seeded loaf
Grilled, or pan-fried trout (possibly better than salmon)
Withdean caterers' Chocolate Flapjack (! great with even their coffee)
Raw red bell-peppers

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
With you completely on the Sainsbury multi-seed loaf, really tasty bread, makes excellent bacon butties.

My offerings are:

Soreen malt loaf
Dr Oetkers chocolate mousse, though not the orange flavoured one
Home grown mini tomatoes
Clipper green tea with ginseng
Walkerswood jerk marinade
Kalamata olives

With you completely on the Sainsbury multi-seed loaf, really tasty bread, makes excellent bacon butties.

My offerings are:

Soreen malt loaf
Dr Oetkers chocolate mousse, though not the orange flavoured one
Home grown mini tomatoes
Clipper green tea with ginseng
Walkerswood jerk marinade
Kalamata olives

Is that malt loaf, the sort of moist cakey dark bread?

I like the sound of the marinade, and agreed about the olives superb along with a plate of hummus and pita with a garlic olive-oil.

What about 'pashwari naan' bread with the sweet almond paste, that stuff is excellent after a good Indian meal - but where can I get it already made?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
NMH, indeed it is, dark and chewy, it comes in at over 100 calories a slice if you buy the bigger loaf...which I reckon makes it worth eating. The marinade is really good, mix a couple of spoons with some plain yoghurt and leave the chicken in it for a couple of hours or so for the mix to take effect, as to the taste...just think of very strong Worcester sauce and you aren't far off. Not sure about getting the paste for Peshwari naans, most good supermarkets sell them ready made, if you have an Asian supermarket where you live they are bound to have them.

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Tesco sugar ring doughnuts. Absolutely gorgeous!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have just discovered an Asian supermarket in Gloucester, there are bound to be equivalents in most big towns, if anyone is into cooking spicy food/curries/etc they are a veritable gold mine for the ingredients...all those things that you can't find in a normal supermarket, plus the things you can such as spices, at a fraction of the price...Motala & sons, my new favourite shop.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Smoked fish for breakfast.

Jul 20, 2003
good eggs, a nice bit of gammon, spring greens, carrots, honey and another copy of the Grinderman album as the one I have is skipping

DAMN

I'm also getting some veal bones to roast off, keep the fat for roasties Sundays, suck the marrow out as a treat and render them roasted bones down for stock

DAMN

veal bones kick ass, the taste of torture gives me a torture boner

DAMN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here