Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sherrif is a ******............

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bollocks, I'm not interested in Google's definition, I'm interested in what HE thinks it means.

Fact is, he hasn't got a clue.

For christ sake give it a rest will ya.Why are you trying to ruin a good thread about a great film? If you have nothing decent to say Beard then post on another thread.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Who asked you? f*** off back to your bunker, racist filth.

Outstanding, just pure genius!

Going on this response i would say its easy to reply to your comment earlier about naming the PC brigade on this site.
I'll start......You.

Must get on..... I'm polishing my iron cross that comes in the special DVD edition of that film.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Outstanding, just pure genius!

Going on this response i would say its easy to reply to your comment earlier about naming the PC brigade on this site.
I'll start......You.

Must get on..... I'm polishing my iron cross that comes in the special DVD edition of that film.

Me? PC? You prat. :thud:

If I was PC, what would I be saying csider? I would gently, and with all banality respectfully suggest that his comments came from a lack of understanding of what political correctness refers to, and even though I asked him three times what he could mean, and he failed to do so, possibly point out the error due to his lack of understanding, while at the same time suggesting with as much respect as possible that it may be prudent in future to comprehend such phrases in order that they can be used in the correct context.

But I didn't - I called him a tosser.

Other than that, outstanding post.

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Best to remember Mel Brooks at his peak with The Producers, Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles before he lost the plot with Spaceballs, Life Stinks etc. and the failed musical Young Frankenstein.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Me? PC? You prat. :thud:

If I was PC, what would I be saying csider? I would gently, and with all banality respectfully suggest that his comments came from a lack of understanding of what political correctness refers to, and even though I asked him three times what he could mean, and he failed to do so, possibly point out the error due to his lack of understanding, while at the same time suggesting with as much respect as possible that it may be prudent in future to comprehend such phrases in order that they can be used in the correct context.

But I didn't - I called him a tosser.

Other than that, outstanding post.

Im calling you a tosser, whilst at it............I think you are also a c*nt. Why should I explain myself to you?

Tell you what, you go and get me a pint of milk and drop it of at 12 Sussex Heights...........thanks.

Run along now.....BITCH.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Very funny Lord B.

I would have thought the PC brigade would love Blazing Saddles. Why wouldn't they appreciate a film poking fun at bigotry and intolerance?

"These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know......morons." Brilliant.

In the words of High Anxiety "I got it, I got it, I got it..............I ain't got it".

Very funny Lord B.

I would have thought the PC brigade would love Blazing Saddles. Why wouldn't they appreciate a film poking fun at bigotry and intolerance?

"These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know......morons." Brilliant.

In the words of High Anxiety "I got it, I got it, I got it..............I ain't got it".
Exactly.

Given the attitudes of the average moron in 1974, when the film was made, Blazing Saddles delivered a powerful message that was lapped up by liberal America - the very people who are being castigated as "the pc brigade" in this thread.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
" Hey Boys....look what I got"
" Where di white wimmin at?"

The thing with the film was that, as Mel Brooks said himself, it was poking fun at the genre of films in the 50's in which that form of language was prevalent.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Question for csider:-

How come you've got all these issues with non-whites & gay people etc? I honestly don't get it. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here