Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The second sending off...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not our problem so cant say im really that bothered! The first one didn't seem to be a red either to be honest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1st was double footed tackle = Red Card
2nd was tackle from behind = Red Card

First one I think Cox managed to jump out the way but the intent was enough for red.

Second was truly pathetic and no way a red

However their no. 9 pushed his luck today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Red Card? No way. Yellow should have been shown.

That will easily be rescinded/appealed.

Not sure you have any right of appeal apart from the Premiersh1te

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
1st was double footed tackle = Automatic Red Card
2nd was tackle from behind = Automatic Red Card

Not really, certainly nothing malicious in the first one - just mistimed becuase of Coxs skill. Second one I couldn't really see properly as other side of the pitch but seemed a harsh red card. BOTH will be recinded I would have though.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Ref was extremely eager to get his cards out to say the least. The challenges were yellows at most, Virgo was booked without making any contact with their player, Ibrehe was booked for merely challenging for the ball (much like Anyinsah last week)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought both were harsh. From my angle the first was a bad tackle but not two footed and deserved a yellow. The second one was a tackle through the back but 99% of the time that gets a yellow.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think what happened with the 2nd red was that the ref heard the almighty ROAR come from the south stand and assumed it was a shocking tackle. In actual fact the crowd were reacting to the SHOCKING decison to not play on when we made our clearest attack of the whole game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're telling me if an Albion player was sent off for a tackle from behind you'd be happy?!

I wouldnt No but that is the rule.

'Virgo was booked without making any contact with their player, Ibrehe was booked for merely challenging for the ball' QUOTE

Werent they both bookings for persistent infringement of the rules.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
First was a blatant red. Potential leg breaker.

Second was nonsense.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He caused our defence more problems, as a lone forward, that our whole side troubled their defence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He caused our defence more problems, as a lone forward, that our whole side troubled their defence.

He met McGhee at a restaurant in Hove on the last transfer window while McGhee was here and was going to sign for us from Orient and at the last minute his agent asked for more money and when this was refused told him not to sign,.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Aside from the red cards... all the furore of yesterday's game has forgotten the blatant handball outside the box in the 3rd minute by Clayton Ince!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I didn't think the second challenge was a sending off. It was a fairly late challenge, but I don't think it deserved any more that a yellow card and a stern telling off.
If this ref sends off an average of two players every game (which is what I've seen of him!) then surely the FA must be keeping an eye on him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here