Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Seagulls Ska version of Sussex By the Sea: yay or nay?

Seagulls Ska version of GOSBTS: should we scrap it after this season?

• Yes: it's a horrific mutilation of a great song. It should never tarnish the sacred turf of Falmer

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • No, I love its jaunty interpretation of an Albion classic

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • What ARE you talking about, woman?

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
That song's got nothing to do with the fast singing of GOSBTS. If that was the case, how do you explaing the fast singing of every other Albion song?

As for the version, I've got no problem with it. Even if you don't like listening to it I don't see how anyone can feel that strongly that they'd want it banned.

I'm not saying it is the only reason but it is a factor. I don't think the new generation of fans know how to sing it at the proper pace. :shrug:

I've heard people try and start it slowly. They get to "All together now" and then everybody joins in at 100mph.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not saying it is the only reason but it is a factor. I don't think the new generation of fans know how to sing it at the proper pace. :shrug:

I've heard people try and start it slowly. They get to "All together now" and then everybody joins in at 100mph.

That's the nail on the head for me, alot of the kids don't know any better and go into overdrive. I'm not slagging them off, but it's a problem that we need to reverse somehow. You just need more people singing at the right tempo then those that ar going too quick, but at the moment that doesn't happen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Prompted by the other thread then. I'm talking about the speeded up version of GOSBTS that they play over the PA at Withdean when we win.

Sorry Attila, but I hate it, I think it's an absolute travesty and a gross mistreatment of a proper old fashioned song that means a lot to the supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion. I can't stand hearing it as we walk out of Withdean, and I for one have no desire whatsoever to hear it at Falmer. Apart from the fact that it sucks, it's also dated and has associations with the bad times, all the campaigns. I say it's time to move on and scrap it when we get to Falmer (preferably scrap it now, but I would settle for next season).

I'm interested to know what the punters of NSC think. So, Seagulls Ska: winner, or binner?

It's bloody horrible, rushed and nasty, sounds like two drunks having a race to get to the end on comb and paper. Doubly annoying is its the only audible thing over the South Stand PA all game. Make. It. Stop.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Utterly hideous.

GOSBTS is simply not meant to sound like that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Get rid. The youngsters associate this with how they have to sing GOSBTS which is VERY WRONG.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Luv it and associate it with leaving the ground after a win, so it's a celebration

When it's my turn to burn, i wan't to be carried in to the real version of GOSBTS and for people to leave at the end to the starins of the souped up ska version.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Its cack. Mind you it sums up Attila's musical taste and playlist. Lovely guy and terrific Albion diehard and activist but please don't let him anywhere near the Amex PA system.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its cack. Mind you it sums up Attila's musical taste and playlist. Lovely guy and terrific Albion diehard and activist but please don't let him anywhere near the Amex PA system.

Its my personal CAMPAIGN to make sure Saxondale NEVER darkens the PA.
As for the MONSTROSITY that is seagulls ska well im glad that people agree. I was the FIRST to blame it on the speeded up version now sung.
It was FUNNY for the Palookaville day. But NOT now.
Cue reply from Saxondale as we are talking about him 'hi just read this, been busy abroad yadda yadda' WHATEVER

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As for the MONSTROSITY that is seagulls ska well im glad that people agree. I was the FIRST to blame it on the speeded up version now sung.
Cue reply from Saxondale as we are talking about him 'hi just read this, been busy abroad yadda yadda' WHATEVER

I thought it is the "B" side of We want Falmer so nothing to do with Palookaville ?

However agree entirely on the rest.........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You sound more and more like HB&B every day.

What's this about Palookaville? Anyhoo, as for people singing it fast because of this version, that is of course total BOLLOCKS. It was sung fast well before that.

As for me, I think it's dire - so we should keep it. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Love it can't beat a bit of Ska.

Of course it is different from our anthem and i wouldn't want the fans to sing in that style but as a song i think it's a great effort.

D

Deleted member 2719

You sound more and more like HB&B every day.

What's this about Palookaville? Anyhoo, as for people singing it fast because of this version, that is of course total BOLLOCKS. It was sung fast well before that.

As for me, I think it's dire - so we should keep it. :thumbsup:

Bolloxs would be my stance on this one too TLO.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here