Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good luck to "The Seagulls 4"

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No luck will play a part in this election.

Well done all four of you for putting yourselves forward and for taking the fight to the enemies of our club.

I expect the people of Lewes District to rise with us and give the LibDems a bloody nose.

No matter what the result, you are all heroes of our struggle for a stadium and for openness in local government.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cast my X at 730 this morning in the Priory ward. I am sure there will be at least 1 independent councillor there as Ruth O'Keefe does a great job.

Got a good response when delivering leaflets in the Cranedown/Kingston Rd area earlier in the week.

PG.

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
I have been trying to persuade Mrs Marshmellowman to vote for the Seagulls party for ages. I believe that my own style of subliminal canvassing will pay off and she will put her tick in the right box.

I will be casting my vote at the Town Hall tonight and eagerly looking forward to the result. The birth of the Seagulls party has finally given me more than a passing interest in local politics.

Well done all concerned.

SPM

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Another example of the fantastic response of Albion fans in the face of a threat to our club. You should be very proud of what you've already achieved - anything more is a bonus. I can't do much in Horsham to add to your votes tally - but I too am inspired to ruin my ballot paper by drawing a seagull party box on it and planting my cross.
GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU :clap: :clap: :clap:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Best of luck all 4 of you... here's hoping the LDC LibDems suffer badly at this elction... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, well done to the Seagulls Party 4 for having the get up and go to stand up for what they, and we, believe in.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Peter Grummit said:
Cast my X at 730 this morning in the Priory ward. I am sure there will be at least 1 independent councillor there as Ruth O'Keefe does a great job.

Got a good response when delivering leaflets in the Cranedown/Kingston Rd area earlier in the week.

PG.

Thanks for youre help P.G :drink: :drink:

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
only wish I could vote for them what I will do is never vote lib dem again

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not that it'll make a jot of difference where I live, but the Lib Dems lost 8 votes on local councils just because of me and because Falmer is a NATIONAL issue.

It's difficult to predict how the vote went in my ward (Ringmer & Ouse Valley). At the by-election last August, the result was:-

Lib Dems 44%;
Conservatives 32%
Seagulls 22%
Labour 2%

This time, there is no Labour candidate, one Green candidate and an Independent candidate - and three councillors to be elected. The Tories and Lib Dems each had three candidates and I was the only Seagull.

My general impression, gained from touring the ward's four polling stations during the day, is that the Tories have been putting in a big effort and that the Lib Dems have been doing much less than they did last August. The anti-incinerator feeling at the southern end of the ward continues to benefit the Lib Dems, but this is counterbalanced by a widespread view that the Lib Dems have messed up on local issues in Ringmer (in particular, a plan for a wind turbine on the downs above the village).

One of the Tory candidates was predicting this evening that there will be two Lib Dems and one Tory elected in the ward and that, overall, there will be more Tories on the council than before and a significant drop in the number of Lib Dem councillors.

As for the wards in Lewes town, the Lib Dems seem to be somewhat demoralised, fearing a threat from independent candidates, including The Seagulls Party. But nobody can put any figures of just how the results will turn out.

At the 2003 elections, Lewes elected six Lib Dems and one Independent in the three wards. The established Independent, Ruth O'Keeffe seems certain to be re-elected, and the Green Party are feeling confident about getting at least one councillor elected (in Castle ward, where there was no Seagulls Party candidate).

As for Newhaven ... I haven't much of a clue how things went. In Ned's ward, it will be very difficult to dent the big Lib Dem majority, particularly with the incinerator issue playing well for them.

The future composition of the whole council will depend, above all, on how well the Tories can do in Seaford and East Saltdean & Telscombe. I get the feeling, though, that the Tories' resources were a bit stretched in these places and it's a big ask to expect them to sweep the Lib Dems from power.

But here's hoping. We'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Just for the record, the 2003 results in the other wards being contested by The Seagulls Party ...

Lewes Bridge
Lib Dems 50% (two councillors elected)
Conservatives 19%
Green 17%
Labour 14%

Lewes Priory
Lib Dems 33% (two councillors elected)
Independent 31% (one councillor elected)
Conservative 17%
Green 9%
Labour 9%

Newhaven Denton & Meeching
Lib Dem 52% (three councillors elected)
Conservatives 28%
Green 10%
Labour 10%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here