Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The sad state of Brighton & Hove Albion FC

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Tony Bloom - The best club owner in world football
Paul Barber - The best club CEO in world football (for another 6 years)
The Amex - One of the best stadiums in the UK
The Training Facilities - One of the best in UK (world?)
The Academy - One of the best in the UK (world?)
The Coach - TBD (I’ll give up my season ticket, etc…)

Get a grip everyone…
Go boil your head.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Tony Bloom - The best club owner in world football
Paul Barber - The best club CEO in world football (for another 6 years)
The Amex - One of the best stadiums in the UK
The Training Facilities - One of the best in UK (world?)
The Academy - One of the best in the UK (world?)
The Coach - TBD (I’ll give up my season ticket, etc…)

Get a grip everyone…
Indeed, I do however get a sense that our highly publicised and much lauded recruitment processes are currently undergoing a severe examination albeit due in the main to circumstances not entirely within our control!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mods, please merge…
After bit, maybe. Some people could benefit from this one's visibility.

History lesson and all that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank god (Bozza) that the Ignore Thread function exists …. blocking 5 to 10 new threads per day, regarding phantom candidates and supposed bad Albion news.
How amusing if the new appointment were to be announced on one of the threads you've put on ignore. And you don't find out till the next day. Or if, like me, you have very few friends, till you rock up in August for our first home game.

"And we welcome to the club our new manager, Sam Allardyce!"

Your face!

:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I disagree that the academy is one of the best in the world. When the first team regularly includes 4 or 5 academy graduates, okay. Jack Hinshelwood and Evan Ferguson in the past decade? Not enough.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
yeah, get some of this ….

IMG_0293.png

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I disagree that the academy is one of the best in the world. When the first team regularly includes 4 or 5 academy graduates, okay. Jack Hinshelwood and Evan Ferguson in the past decade? Not enough.
Although several academy players have played for the first team this season, apart from Hinshelwood and Ferguson, none have made much impression. Apart from our two young GKs and Marc Leonard (who looks likely to go to the Championship next season), our young development loanees haven't exactly been pulling up trees out on loan this season either.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was discussing that always believing that the club have an absolutely fool proof plan, is becoming like a cult.
It doesn't have a fool proof plan. It does have a plan that is right more often than wrong though. In this instance the plan did not work, so what? Sometime sh*t happens there is no such as a done deal until the ink is on the paper. Not every appointment will work, not every signing will turn into a world beating money spinner.

We've had a good run but we are now facing a bit of adversity, I'd like to think we could handle it a little less hysterically than this and let Bloom and Barber get on with their job, this is not their first rodeo.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It doesn't have a fool proof plan. It does have a plan that is right more often than wrong though. In this instance the plan did not work, so what? Sometime sh*t happens there is no such as a done deal until the ink is on the paper. Not every appointment will work, not every signing will turn into a world beating money spinner.

We've had a good run but we are now facing a bit of adversity, I'd like to think we could handle it a little less hysterically than this and let Bloom and Barber get on with their job, this is not their first rodeo.
I agree with the majority of that, but I do feel like any sorting of questioning, that this may have the optimum way of doing things, gets treated as people don't trust the club at all. Threads like this are pointless, doesn't mean there can't be doubt, making a dig at people jacking in STs if Potter returns, I wouldn't personally, but I understand as to why people would want to.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I agree with the majority of that, but I do feel like any sorting of questioning, that this may have the optimum way of doing things, gets treated as people don't trust the club at all. Threads like this are pointless, doesn't mean there can't be doubt, making a dig at people jacking in STs if Potter returns, I wouldn't personally, but I understand as to why people would want to.
I agree. The emotions regarding Potter are real and I respect those that hold the strong opinions, even if my own attitude is more pragmatic. I just do not think the sky is falling just yet.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, plus Ben White and Robert Sanchez, of course, who have brought in 70 million.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here