Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sack Race.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Fragmented Badger said:
So that's pretty much every manager suggested then:lolol:

Wouldn't it be easier to start a "who's safe?" thread? I will start with RAFA BENITEZ.

Arsene Wenger.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah good one. Let's have a list of all the Prem managers who are totally safe. I bet we wouldn't get more than 5.

RAFA
MARTIN
ARSENE

Any more?
Pardew?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah good one. Let's have a list of all the Prem managers who are totally safe. I bet we wouldn't get more than 5.

RAFA
MARTIN
ARSENE

Any more?

Adrian Boothroyd maybe ??? Did excellent with in taking Watford up, can't see them sacking him even when they go back down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
City fans LOVED David James, and in him, Distin and Dunne they had a settled defensive core. The Distin rumours never stop, so I'm expecting a leaky defence.

I'm not seeing too many teams worse than City at the minute.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe REDKRAPP? Although if they get off to a bad start we don't know how their new onwer will react.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
City fans LOVED David James, and in him, Distin and Dunne they had a settled defensive core. The Distin rumours never stop, so I'm expecting a leaky defence.

Villa

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Pavilionaire said:

Yeah, James was solid for them. But Isaksson is better.

Distin will go I think, but they still have Dunne and with Trabelsi in at right back Micah Richards could slot in at centre back, so the defence still looks alright to me, especially with Hamman in front, he is a magnificent holding player. Barton and Dabo give them good midfield options with him.

I think they'll be alright. Sheffield United are CERTS for relegation, I think Portsmouth could be down there, Villa need to move quickly, I don't much fancy Middlesborough, Bolton, or Fulham either. Newcastle may struggle as Ameobi still seems to be the only striker at the club (and they appointed Roeder). Charlton could go either way.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Silent Bob said:
Yeah, James was solid for them. But Isaksson is better.

Distin will go I think, but they still have Dunne and with Trabelsi in at right back Micah Richards could slot in at centre back, so the defence still looks alright to me, especially with Hamman in front, he is a magnificent holding player. Barton and Dabo give them good midfield options with him.

I think they'll be alright. Sheffield United are CERTS for relegation, I think Portsmouth could be down there, Villa need to move quickly, I don't much fancy Middlesborough, Bolton, or Fulham either. Newcastle may struggle as Ameobi still seems to be the only striker at the club (and they appointed Roeder). Charlton could go either way.

I get comps for all the matches at the Blue Camp, and the locals are NOT happy with their season coming up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
El Presidente said:
I get comps for all the matches at the Blue Camp, and the locals are NOT happy with their season coming up.
Fair enough, a month or so ago I probably would've agreed. Their season ended badly and Stuart Pearce still has a lot to prove, but I think they've done decent business over the summer. They've got rid of a lot of dead wood, the only player they've lost they might like to have kept is James (and possibly Distin) but they've brought in a decent standard. As I said Hamman, Dabo, Trabelsi, will all be good signings, and they've secured the futures of Barton and Richards. The jury is out on Corradi and Dickov, but I can't see them being relegated.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Silent Bob said:
Spot on. [Roeder] did nothing special at Newcastle, it wasn't hard to improve on Souness. Honeymoon period will be OVER and he'll be OUT before January.

I can't wait to see that horrible club's vile chairman and their thick-as-shite fans stick the knife into another manager. And then go on to win f*** all. Again.

Have I mentioned before that I hate Newcastle United with a passion?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here