Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Run In

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I just dont think the current team is good enough. this is the most important factor!

i have a feeling we will fail to win tomorrow, as we saw earlier we thumped a very poor Yeovil but then went back to shit

We probably need to win 3 or 4 games and regardless of what the other teams are plaing for I do not believe we have a consistent team to do this

Hope I am wrong

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Good results for us today.

Northampton and Hartlepool are the teams we can most realistically hope to overtake as it stands at present, given respective run-ins.

What a MASSIVE game tomorrow.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Northampton and Hartlepool have the toughest run ins , we have to get more points than them to send both down to League 2.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I was at the hereford game and saw that the pride in wearing the shirt was back, there was passion and fight in them to, maybe they have finally woke up to what relagation means.
A win tomorrow will put us right back into the fight

Here are the run in fixtures for the relegation candidates, excluding Cheltenham and Hereford, presumed down.

The stars denote a meaningful fixture, two meaning massive, one not quite so.

HARTLEPOOL PTS 46

11. crewe **
13. SCUNTHORPE **
18. yeovil **
25. LEEDS **
2. Bristol R

YEOVIL PTS 46

10. MILLWALL **
12. Cheltenham *
18. HARLEPOOL **
21. HEREFORD *
25. tranmere *
2. COLCHESTER

SWINDON PTS 45

11. brighton **
13. LEYTON O
18. carlisle **
25. BRISTOL R
2. peterborough **

CARLISLE PTS 44

10. OLDHAM
13. huddersfield
18 SWINDON **
25. cheltenham *
2. MILLWALL **

CREWE PTS 44

11. HARTLEPOOL **
13. oldham
18 CHELTENHAM *
25. stockport
2. LEICESTER **

NORTHAMPTON PTS 42

10. bristol r
13. SOUTHEND *
18. leyton 0
21. SCUNTHORPE **
25. HEREFORD *
28. MK DONS **
2. leeds **

BRIGHTON PTS 39

11. SWINDON **
13. colchester
18. OLDHAM
21. bristol r
25. huddersfield
2. STOCKPORT

On paper, we have the best run in. If only we had 2 or 3 more points!
Northampton look vulnerable with their run in, despite the extra game.
Hartlepool's also looks tough, but they have the points in the bag already.
What a tasty final day:-

Carlisle v Millwall
Crewe v Leicester
Leeds v Northampton
Peterborough v Swindon

especially if we are still in the hunt by then.

Until this morning I thought that just perhaps we could stay up with 50 points. However, with our inferior goal difference I don't believe it will be enough. 51 minimum & I don't think that we will do it. Doh............

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Northampton and Hartlepool are the two I think we can catch reasonably easily. Whoever wins Carlisle v Swindon will be safe but we could definitely catch the loser. Crewe have easy games and an ok team and will be safe by the final day.

If we can get ourselves to within a point or two of Northampton, Hartlepool and one other by the final day then we'll stay up as I believe we have a BANKER home win and all the others will struggle.

A banker home win , 4 home wins in 20 would suggest NO game is a banker home win for us.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think today is a cast iron draw. This will piss on the fire I am afraid. We simply have too much to do and do not have a team with the fight or desire to do it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Against a side who were truely woeful. The other 6 games will have much better sides.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But surely US, the other thread shows that miracles can happen

(the one where your tip is still in the running on the second day) :thumbsup:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If we go into this game with the same from of mind as Tuesday, and get 3 points, we have given ourselves a big chance of staying up. However anything but 3 points today, and we won't stay up.

But we will win today and stay up :ascarf:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
If we go into this game with the same from of mind as Tuesday, and get 3 points, we have given ourselves a big chance of staying up. However anything but 3 points today, and we won't stay up.

But we will win today and stay up :ascarf:

Its all about attitude and belief from now on in. If Slade can instill that into the players. Then we have a chance. If not then we are doomed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Against a side who were truely woeful. The other 6 games will have much better sides.

Yes they were awful but the pride and passion was still there, could tell that from the way Fraser celebrated. The last 6 will have better sides, but Tuesday will have bred some confidence. IF we win today I reckon we'll stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here