Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The rumour started by dave the gaffer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP Bernard.

I still get very nostalgic thinking about when I got the chance to introduce him at the St Georges Day gig.

Was this the Metropole gig?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
People who slate Bernard Manning want to see him as one-dimensional 'cos it makes it easier for them to hate everything about him then. I'm no fan of his humour but the fact is he catered for a lot of people who did like that stuff. The whole point about controversial comedy is that it sparks healthy debate, without which we'd all live in a contrived vacuum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People who slate Bernard Manning want to see him as one-dimensional 'cos it makes it easier for them to hate everything about him then. I'm no fan of his humour but the fact is he catered for a lot of people who did like that stuff. The whole point about controversial comedy is that it sparks healthy debate, without which we'd all live in a contrived vacuum.

In the grand scheme of things the one I really hate is Jim Davidson though. Sadly he is still alive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jim Davidson is a prize **** on and off the stage I agree.

Patriotic to the core.....but never paid any tax. I once saw him in the flesh at an airport and he looked horrible. He had that pinkish eczema like skin which drinkers have with an air of arrogance as he scuttled around the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here