Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Pavillion is free on 22nd Jan. I have told the council I'll have it.

D

Deleted User X18H

The latest bizarre decision from the Greens is to make the Pavillion free.

I have told Lucas I'll have it, she said 'strictly speaking someone should stylishly spruce up the sadly run down spectre of society that is the Pavillion, and that she couldn't give a sauthage, sorry sausage, who took it on.

Once I towelled myself dry, I told her I planned to turn the Pav into a big house for all NSC users.

We could have the JCL room, the NSK room, the we hate HB&B room (might be space issues) and so on.

Leave it with me.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So it's free for 1 day? Why is that such a bad thing? A chance for people who wouldn't normally visit to take a look around. As the Pavilion is run by the council what does it have to do with the local MP? Is it her descision or is this yet another chance for you to have a go at the Greens for no reason at all other than they beat your beloved Tory party in a couple of elections. You really are a sad petty man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This has been going on for years you cretin.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although not funny in the slightest that post is reasonably well constructed and punctuated. Who wrote it?

And are you really taking the piss out of a speech impediment?

D

Deleted User X18H

Although not funny in the slightest that post is reasonably well constructed and punctuated. Who wrote it?

And are you really taking the piss out of a speech impediment?

Only in a gentle spitting image type way.

D

Deleted User X18H

So it's free for 1 day? Why is that such a bad thing? A chance for people who wouldn't normally visit to take a look around. As the Pavilion is run by the council what does it have to do with the local MP? Is it her descision or is this yet another chance for you to have a go at the Greens for no reason at all other than they beat your beloved Tory party in a couple of elections. You really are a sad petty man.

Do you honestly think Lucas has no influence over council decisions? Honestly? And I was just gently ridiculing her. Putting an extra S in decision is naughty.

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Every day I get more convinced the hb&b could start a thread called "BHAFC are the greatest football team. Agree with me and I'll give you a grand in cash" and people would still disagree or argue with him. It's the same with US.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In Bristol a huge number of public and private owned properties are free for one day a year - "Open Doors Day" and it allows many less well off folk a chance to experience stuff they'd otherwise never see.

Additionally it reignites the passions of the more affluent to enjoy these properties at other times of the year.

To be applauded, IMO.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Do you honestly think Lucas has no influence over council decisions? Honestly? And I was just gently ridiculing her. Putting an S in decision is naughty.

Who the f*** are you to correct a typo given your normal grasp of English?

I am sure Lucas does have some influence on matters at a council level, but as the Pavilion has been free to enter on occasions before the Greens took power this clearly isn't one of them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Every day I get more convinced the hb&b could start a thread called "BHAFC are the greatest football team. Agree with me and I'll give you a grand in cash" and people would still disagree or argue with him. It's the same with US.
Sometimes US invites ridicule whereas hb&b seems to revel in it. The man is a simpleton and I wish it was possible to actually punch one of his posts.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Could we have a 'room for a binfest' a la the Monty Python sketch....

I've come for a binfest.

No you haven't

You are worse than Hitler..... etc....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The latest bizarre decision from the Greens is to make the Pavillion free.

I have told Lucas I'll have it, she said 'strictly speaking someone should stylishly spruce up the sadly run down spectre of society that is the Pavillion, and that she couldn't give a sauthage, sorry sausage, who took it on.

Once I towelled myself dry, I told her I planned to turn the Pav into a big house for all NSC users.

We could have the JCL room, the NSK room, the we hate HB&B room (might be space issues) and so on.

Leave it with me.

You mean The Royal Pavilion Annual Free Day?

I'm no expect, but a I reckon it probably happens every year.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not being a proper Born and Bred Brightonian, I wouldn't expect Hove Born and Bred to know about this annual event that started under the labour administration, continued under the conservative one and is now being continued by the green led council.

I'm sure the old tory led Hove council had something similar for their council owned flagship tourist attraction. Perhaps the chance to visit waste transfer depot or somesuch.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sometimes US invites ridicule whereas hb&b seems to revel in it.

Maybe he sees himself as a court jester

Here he is at the press conference

court_jester.gif

and then later at home

the_court_jester.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here