Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) returns to WWE

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Beers, a couple of mates around mine. Mania will be SO good. I've not watched it in YONKS.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When/is Triple H coming back?

Dunno, but it must be due soon.

I'm guessing he'll be facing Sheamus at 'Mania due to Sheamus 'injuring' him, so maybe something at Elimination Chamber on Sunday? Can't imagine it being next Monday as 'Taker is coming back then and I can't see them wanting the two to steal each other's thunder.

the rumour on wrestlezone is taker-hhh at mania in a streak vs career match, similar to michaels match last year...looks like the game is going behind the scenes ready for whenever Vince hands over control of wwe to him

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thought it might have been a while ago when they had the ppv with john cena + co vs nexus and there was a place left on cena's team. Reckon they might leave it to WM itself now

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the rumour on wrestlezone is taker-hhh at mania in a streak vs career match, similar to michaels match last year...looks like the game is going behind the scenes ready for whenever Vince hands over control of wwe to him

That is one rumour, with HBK as the ref possibly. The thinking being that HHH is coming back from an arm injury, which has made it difficult to train so he's a little out of shape, Taker is struggling to shake off his shoulder injury so rather than have either their two biggest stars missing from mania, or have them stink up two matches, put them together in one match that is more of a spectacle, to hide their ring rust.

Otherwise it is likely to be Taker/Barrett and H/Sheamus. Taker is back 21/02, so we might see where they're heading then.

My preferred source of inside wrestling news is: Home | PWInsider.com they have an ad-free elite (subscription) section. They are very trustworthy, professional journalist types, who have a certain level of class and integrity.

plans for wrestlemania, from what wz's (wrestlezone's) sources have been told is as follows

Edge-Del Rio for world Title

Punk-Orton

Taker-HHH (Streak Vs Career)

Miz-Cena for WWE title (maybe now with Rock as Ref?)

Lawler-Michael Cole with someone else in grudge match of sorts

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the crowd reaction serves as a reminder of just how good wwe used to be at the start of the last decade

john cena, orton and the like can only dream of a pop like that

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
the crowd reaction serves as a reminder of just how good wwe used to be at the start of the last decade

100% This. I knew it was the Rock because my friend told me about it and I saw this thread title before I left for college this morning.

I still, knowing it was The Rock, couldn't bare the tension waiting for his music to start. I then clung on to his every word just like that little boy i once was. I''m going to download a PSP emulator and a WWE game JUST to relieve days in my youth playing as The Rock or as my self with all of The Rocks moves on the first SmackDown game on Playstation One but with better graphics.

I love this man.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

the attitude era - manking, stone cold, kane, undertaker, dx, goldust, the rock, shamrock, nation of domination...those were the days

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Also there was a new promo last night promoting 02.21.11 (the return of 'Taker) which also featured a second character - this is widely being suggested as Triple H which would tie in with the Wrestlemania talk of those two against each other.

Talk is that the legs we saw last night were those of Stephanie McMahon-Levesque which would also further push the chance of a HHH return next week.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I''m going to download a PSP emulator and a WWE game JUST to relieve days in my youth playing as The Rock or as my self with all of The Rocks moves on the first SmackDown game on Playstation One but with better graphics.

Man, you're young - SUPER WRESTLEMANIA on the SNES was where it was at.

[yt]EQWrBENduQI[/yt]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nu-uh! Nes Wrestlemania was where it was:

[yt]8zx-qsaXD78[/yt]

Bam bam bigelow did cartwheels!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Just watched both clip on you tube. Wish i had sky! Wrestlemania is gunna be amazing now! Only the Rock can get a crowd reaction like that!!! :yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here