Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ricoh Arena....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Coventry-City--Ricoh-Arena-General_1058236.jpg

It's just like St Marys with blue seats instead and no atmosphere.

I'm curious what's in that area behind the Ricoh writing and all the windows.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Think we're in danger of getting a bit snobby with the Amex. That looks nothing like St Marys, it looks like a terrific arena to me, another one I'm looking forward to visiting.

Its even got proper stands behind the goals.

I thought Highfield Road was far from a dump so not so sure that this move is an improvement.
As for an away trip if you are someone who likes to drive I'd guess it's very handy as it is next to some motorway or dual carriageway. But hassle if you like to go by rail.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I thought Highfield Road was far from a dump so not so sure that this move is an improvement.
As for an away trip if you are someone who likes to drive I'd guess it's very handy as it is next to some motorway or dual carriageway. But hassle if you like to go by rail.

I went by coach and thankfully we had a couple of hours in a pub on the way down as well as 4 hours of drinking on the way there or it would've been extremely shite.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Think we're in danger of getting a bit snobby with the Amex. That looks nothing like St Marys, it looks like a terrific arena to me, another one I'm looking forward to visiting.

Its even got proper stands behind the goals.

I really am the last person on this board to get snobby, but how can you say it doesn't look like St Marys? It's a single tiered bowl with the flat roof in the standard flat pack style.

St Marys:

St%20Marys%20Panoramic.jpg

st-marys-stadium.jpg

Unless your talking about the bit on the side?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Worst stadium in The Championship IMO.

OK the facilities are great, but it's bloody miles from the station or any pubs. I know Falmer will be as well but atleast you have the station across the road.

Don't get me started on the atmosphere. Probably after Watford, Coventry's support is diabolical and the acoustics in that stadium are as bad - the roof is too high.

Selhurst is no oil painting, but I'd much rather have it than one of the new age stadiums in an industrial estate. Begrudingingly, I'm not including The Amex in that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm looking forward to Middlesboro away next season as it's a new ground for me - what's smoggyland like as an away trip?

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I'm looking forward to Middlesboro away next season as it's a new ground for me - what's smoggyland like as an away trip?

It's a complete dive mate. If you go then either stop off on the way up or go on the train and have a few drinks in Darlington. Trust me there is f*** all near the ground.

I enjoyed it but only because of the fact it had that sort of 'derby' feel even if it isn't a derby game.

Just to add something about the Ricoh, when I went they only sang when these song lyrics came up on the screen/scoreboard thing, I was cringing like f*** I won't lie!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's a complete dive mate. If you go then either stop off on the way up or go on the train and have a few drinks in Darlington. Trust me there is f*** all near the ground.

I enjoyed it but only because of the fact it had that sort of 'derby' feel even if it isn't a derby game.

Just to add something about the Ricoh, when I went they only sang when these song lyrics came up on the screen/scoreboard thing, I was cringing like f*** I won't lie!

Are there any grounds in the championship that ARNT soulless bowls in the middle of an industrial estate?

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Are there any grounds in the championship that ARNT soulless bowls in the middle of an industrial estate?

I've been to Barnsley, Hull, Boro, Portsmouth, Leicester, QPR, Forest, Doncaster, Reading and Coventry. Only Forest, Barnsley and QPR have any character about them, although if Blackpool, West Ham or Blackburn go down they're decent aways too. :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just wondering what the stadium is like. Yes i am missing the final ever game at the Withdean but have a training session at the ground after the Coventry V Reading game. Can anyone tell me what the stadium is like because i'm a little nervous?? cheers.

I find it unbelievable that that stadium is always less than half full ... whenever they go there on Soccer Saturday there is one man and his dog there. I quite like Coventry supporters, but you have more chance of picking out the fiend in a line up than finding a Coventry supporter. Such a shame their lego stand is so totally unused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here