Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Revolution Has Begun

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Being top of the league has started a revolution.

In a college of 200 odd students, i'm one of 4/5 fans in our college and one of one in my year. Last season I converted a friend who many many moons ago used to be an STH at falmer but stopped going, to being a fan coming back to withdea and Exeter will see two other lads in my Computing class who haven't even been to a match before, who don't like football because its not really local come to their first ever match!

The Falmer Effect and The Gus Bus are going to convert many more people in to the Albion and hopefully these new fans can come to Withdean, and know why Falmer is such a sweet sweet victory!

:albion1:

EDIT: I converted a friend who many many moons ago used to be an STH at WITHDEAN but stopped going. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Being top of the league has started a revolution.

In a college of 200 odd students, i'm one of 4/5 fans in our college and one of one in my year. Last season I converted a friend who many many moons ago used to be an STH at falmer but stopped going to a fan and Exeter will see two other lads in my Computing class who haven't even been to a match before, who don't like football because its not really local come to their first ever match!

The Falmer Effect and The Gus Bus are going to convert many more people in to the Albion and hopefully these new fans can come to Withdean, and know why Falmer is such a sweet sweet victory!

:albion1:

To preserve before the edit :lolol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah, I'm concerned he stopped going to Falmer - what went wrong?

At the time it was just a field so I fear he might have gotten a tad confused about the whole "going to see Brighton play" experience where all he had to look at were some cows.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's great, I live in Town and fairly recently I've started hearing people roll back from the pub singing OGH, Coppel's got VD, and GOSBTS- brings a smile even when it wakes me up at 1 in morning. It used to happen quite a lot on matchdays obviously but now it's even during the week!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ok, typo out of the way, it is great that people are coming back.

I personally feel it is as much about the style of play as the results thats bringing people.

My Dad (who supports both Spurs and Arsenal :facepalm:) has only ever been a very lukewarm Albion fan, he only goes when I drag him along and he usually winces at the football. But he was stoked at the MK Dons game, off his feet at times and couldn't believe the quality. He aint ever going to go to a game without me, but for him to actually enjoy watching the Albion play is remarkable in itself.

1066gull

i noticed the same with some people who ive known for years, apparently been fans for years!!

instantly made this one girl more attractive even if she has eye brows like a man :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
how does that work?
I think it used to happen a fair amount in the old days. A very good friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to be an STH at Goodison. He said back when he was a young man back in the 1960s if Everton were away rather than going to the away game a lot of Evertonians would go to Anfield. It was all about watching a decent match - remembering that there wasn't much else to do on Saturday afternoons by way of entertainment. Also it was a bit about supporting 'Liverpool' the city as being the best city in England. Beatles and all that.

And to prove it wasn't just a scouse thing how about this: my brother-in-law's late father used to watch Southampton AND Portsmouth!

I think it's a generational thing.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I think it used to happen a fair amount in the old days. A very good friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to be an STH at Goodison. He said back when he was a young man back in the 1960s if Everton were away rather than going to the away game a lot of Evertonians would go to Anfield. It was all about watching a decent match - remembering that there wasn't much else to do on Saturday afternoons by way of entertainment. Also it was a bit about supporting 'Liverpool' the city as being the best city in England. Beatles and all that.

And to prove it wasn't just a scouse thing how about this: my brother-in-law's late father used to watch Southampton AND Portsmouth!

I think it's a generational thing.

How many people on here used to watch the reserves at the Goldstone when the first team were away in the sixties. Used to get gates of about 1,500, sometimes more.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I have two friends, one who 'supports' Arsenal and one who 'supports' Burnley. I use the term 'supports' reluctantly because they rarely go to their games. They've never been to Withdean and between them have been to a handful of games at the Goldstone. Neither of them would be able to name a single player in our team.

Now they're telling me what fun we're going to have together watching the Albion next season at Falmer.

I have to say I'm torn between telling them to poke it and reluctantly agreeing to let them come with me. What should I do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here