Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Repair Shop

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s great his son is learning to be a clockmaker/mender. The fourth generation.
I haven't got a lot of time for television like this, with the tears and the human interest element...

.. it's one of my favourite programmes.

Not a BBC production, it's actually made and owned by a subsidiary of Warner Brothers. Same people who make Food Unwrapped on Channel Four.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A good friend was on yesterday afternoon, had his uncles crash helmet and goggles restored. The German/English dictionary story was a timely reminder of how compassionate this country used to be.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A very good friend of mine, was one of the experts on the first couple of shows.
He fixed up an old firemans helmet.

He himself was a serving fireman at the time and he could not constantly move shifts around to do the show regularly.

That and another couple of issues.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kirsten is a genius. A lot of the restorative work on ancient pottery at the BM was done by her and her team

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kirsten is a genius. A lot of the restorative work on ancient pottery at the BM was done by her and her team
She is very talented and you could see how much joy the King's kind words gave her and what an honour it was for her to repair something for his majesty.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My husband and I love it, wonderful TV showcasing some truly incredible skill and craft.

The things they repair are seldom of value in any financial sense, but their value to their owners in emotional and sentimental terms is off the charts and that is so much more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here