Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A tackle from behind like Elphick's is a booking regardless of whether they get the ball.

Hawkins I felt for slightly because it was something of a reaction to pull the player back. That said, still a red.

The ref was in NO WAY to blame for our defeat.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Plus how did the ref not give another pen to us for blatent handball?

You mean the one where the stockport player had his hands down, was a couple of yards away from our player when the ball was whacked at him at pace and he had no chance to get his arm out the way in a textbook example of 'ball to hand'?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You mean the one where the stockport player had his hands down, was a couple of yards away from our player when the ball was whacked at him at pace and he had no chance to get his arm out the way in a textbook example of 'ball to hand'?

from where i was sat, the stockport player had both arms out, not down.......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
from where i was sat, the stockport player had both arms out, not down.......

I said down, not stuck to his sides, I mean he wasn't making a "T" with his body or anything, it wasn't like his arms were out in an unnatural way like he was deliberately trying to handball it, and when the ball was kicked, like I said before, it was kicked at such a pace from such a close proximity he didn't have a chance to react. Textbook ball to hand.

ozspike

Sep 5, 2003
Perth Australia
picture.php
check out my pic of forster's penalty I was in block B (can you spot the 2 reasons it should have been retaken

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
How old are you?

Hawkins was bought on after a Brighton red card, what should Slade have done?
Throw his hands in the air and say "that's it, I give up!"

He took a very poor Dean Cox off and who else could he bring on from the bench?

If you know more about the team than Slade, I give up and will never watch the Albion again!

I would rather El-Abd play then Hawkins even though El-Abd is hardly great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here