Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Red Arrows

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Crazy isn't it, I wonder if anyone else would like us to bend over for them?
Given that a large number of our aircraft are bought by Saudi Arabia etc, can't see it offending all of them.

Are most of them offended by the Red Arrows or are the objectors offended on behalf of our muslim brothers?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
It was a media urban myth as the Red Arrows hadn't been asked to do a fly past for the Olympics.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
:blush:

:salute:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
All I know is they flew right over the top of my office the other week on their way to (I think) Goodwood and scared the shit out of me :(

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think that it was the actual planes used which are all fighter planes that can be used as such when not performing aerobatics.

No thats not true, the Air Force doesn't use Hawk 200 for service these days its generally just used for training, most of them are sold to the Asian market and middle east...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They used to practice over my back garden from time to time, so I've seen them on more occasions than some folk have had hot dinners I suspect.

Still a bloody impressive sight mind.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
They were outstanding at Fairford on Sunday with a low cloud base. Even compared to my favourites the Frecce Tricolori. The arrows had to stick to their low display but absolutely faultless and just after they finished and were circling for a final pass the cloud broke and they swept up in to a loop in an V of 9 - superb.

I didn't think the RAF's Hawks were set up for armed service duties as they are used entirely for training. The type certainly can be and has been a real export success.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
surely they've got to be a shoe-in for the olympic ceremony along with the scots dragoon guards marching band. what a tremendous sight that would be

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think that it was the actual planes used which are all fighter planes that can be used as such when not performing aerobatics.

No thats not true, the Air Force doesn't use Hawk 200 for service these days its generally just used for training, most of them are sold to the Asian market and middle east...

I believe you are both right... From what I have been told (from an RAF pilot no less - although this was 4 years ago and things do change), all of the Hawks are intended for training purposes only, however they are able to be used as Britain's last line of defence, should the need ever emerge (which is very unlikely).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here