Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Red Arrows

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Are heading into Lyme next week as part of our lifeboat week extravaganza, and I, for one, can't wait.

There has been a lot of hulabaloo around the town about them being racist and a sign of the countries imperial past but I think they are smashing entertainment and should be embraced. People have said hey crod, what are your thoughts on the matter, but I don't like getting wound up into petty arguments, I just tell them I am British and proud.

What does everyone else think??

There has been a lot of hulabaloo around the town about them being racist

Source? I, for one, would love to see it.

I just don't believe this. Maybe one or two nutters, but "a lot of hulabaloo" sounds highly unlikely to me - although, to be fair, I don't know your town so have no idea if it is indeed full of complete idiots. Could you enlighten me?

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
grand prix 2009 100.JPG

:thumbsup:

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
i thought i was sitting in one of those planes there that close

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is that picture actual size?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
The Red Arrows are the Mutts Nuts :bowdown:

A summer wouldn't be complete without seeing them at least once:clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's so big that if you scroll sideways they fly across the screen. :clap:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
RACIST........FUCLK EM' :thumbsup:

THEY f***ing ROCK!!!!!!:thumbsup:

What are they doing in Brighton, is that to to with the Air Show?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Source? I, for one, would love to see it.

I just don't believe this. Maybe one or two nutters, but "a lot of hulabaloo" sounds highly unlikely to me - although, to be fair, I don't know your town so have no idea if it is indeed full of complete idiots. Could you enlighten me?

One of my chums I drink with, his brothers wife works for West Dorset County Council and says they have received a few letters from local groups questioning whether it is a good ploy to bring local communities together and the Masons in the town have said they are against it as it might antagonise other religions and folk.

That said the vast majority of the town is for it and very much looking to it.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Simple reply to that isn't there. If it offends you, don't feckin watch it, stay indoors and watch telly!
Palace offend me, thats why I don't go and watch them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw them recently at the Goodwood Festıval of Speed, and as ever, they were MAGNIFICENT.
There are few more thrıllıng spectacles than the sıght and thunderous sound of low-flyıng jets doıng aerobatıcs. I bloody LOVE the Red Arrows.

Anyone who can fınd crıtıcısm ın them, or some kınd of socıo-polıtıcal racıst agenda ıs an utter spacko of the hıghest order.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Saw them recently at the Goodwood Festıval of Speed, and as ever, they were MAGNIFICENT.
There are few more thrıllıng spectacles than the sıght and thunderous sound of low-flyıng jets doıng aerobatıcs. I bloody LOVE the Red Arrows.

Anyone who can fınd crıtıcısm ın them, or some kınd of socıo-polıtıcal racıst agenda ıs an utter spacko of the hıghest order.

WHAT, SPACKO, SPACKO!!!!!?????

Shame on you I got a ban for the use of that word,........:thumbsup::bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the racist tag came from an article about them opening the 2012 Olympics and some people objected and said it would upset the Muslims and other Arabs.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I think the racist tag came from an article about them opening the 2012 Olympics and some people objected and said it would upset the Muslims and other Arabs.

Crazy isn't it, I wonder if anyone else would like us to bend over for them?
Given that a large number of our aircraft are bought by Saudi Arabia etc, can't see it offending all of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here