Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Red Arrows are too British

If this shambolic Labour party had been in power in 1944 we would have been speaking German now.
I believe that the 1944 government did, indeed, include members of the Labour Party.

Surely the point is that there are several nations competing in the 2012 Olympics whose experience of the RAF is that they are currently engaged in unwanted activities in local air space? I can understand that those nations don't share our delight at the sight of a flypast by war planes, however colourful.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I suppose the Dambusters theme tune at the Opening Ceremony is out of the question then?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Surely the point is that there are several nations competing in the 2012 Olympics whose experience of the RAF is that they are currently engaged in unwanted activities in local air space? I can understand that those nations don't share our delight at the sight of a flypast by war planes, however colourful.

I'd have thought they'll be very happy to see them in 2012 as they'll know they're not going to be attacked.

If anything, it'll be a case of reestablishing the flypast for non-military activities.

And at least they'll be able to see them outside the smog of Beijing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I believe that the 1944 government did, indeed, include members of the Labour Party.

Maybe then they could boycott the London olympics in protest at our countries activities over the skys of their lands.
I can imagine the athletes of Iraq and Afganistaan being strongly behind such a move similar to our own athletes who are taking such a strong line over China and their appalling civil rights record.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe then they could boycott the London olympics in protest at our countries activities over the skys of their lands.
I can imagine the athletes of Iraq and Afganistaan being strongly behind such a move similar to our own athletes who are taking such a strong line over China and their appalling civil rights record.
because it would be such a loss if iraqi and afghan atheltes didnt turn up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

To be fair it's very unlikely that they'll have seen a Hawk Jet attacking them as Hawk Jets are really training planes rather than war planes. Any enemy is just as likely to see us attacking them in a Cessna as a Hawk. Maybe we could ask the Red Arrows to use 747's to avoid offence ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
because it would be such a loss if iraqi and afghan atheltes didnt turn up.

Exactly.

They can form their own Olympics which could include 18 day eventing - with camels.

and synchronosed stonings. What a loss it would be if they boycotted.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Exactly.

They can form their own Olympics which could include 18 day eventing - with camels.

and synchronosed stonings. What a loss it would be if they boycotted.
]]

8oomcarrying 10lbs explosive backspacks
Quickest time to behead someone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here