Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The recognised top 6

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've already debated so many times. As for who I would get in that is a pathetic childish question. I'm not quallfied or employed to scout managers. . Rest of your post is drivel really.
I want us to be competing with a mid table finish. Not much to ask is it?
You are not getting that with Potter
Come back to me later when all other managers have worked out our flaws and how poor Potter is tactically.

I have defended your right to have an opinion but for crying out loud, the bit highlighted above is absurd.

Let us imagine for a moment I was hell bent on seing the back of Boris because, in my opinion, he will drag the country onto its knees. The answer to the question 'who do you want as PM then, Corbyn?' is not 'that's a pathetic childish question'. And for PM we have only two (one really) alternatives. You have the whole wide world of football to pick from.

No, frankly, if you say you are not qualified to scout managers then you are not qualified to bin ours off, are you?

Carry on like this and I expect you'll have your collar felt again. It would amuse me to learn that coincidentally you collar is actually made of felt, but that's how my mind works - lateral thinking, looking for solutions to problems. Like Potter's mind... ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I've already debated so many times. As for who I would get in that is a pathetic childish question. I'm not quallfied or employed to scout managers. . Rest of your post is drivel really.
Come back to me later when all other managers have worked out our flaws and how poor Potter is tactically.

If you know potter's no good, you MUST know several managers that are up to the task, simple logic

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
I’m very pro Graham Potter, so the following is not “trolling” or similar.

My only wish would be that GP adjusts our defensive set up. I get it, that we’re a far better offensive unit now, but:

1. Leaving 40% of the pitch free for counter attackers to destroy us eg Manu A, Manc A & LCFC H. Guardiola praised our approach to the game ... no wonder. Pushing up en masse against far superior teams with pace, will invariably end in tears.
2. A small detail - always leave at least one exceptionally pacey player, with a team mate, in the centre circle when we have a corner. That’s been the way in football for decades. So naive against LCFC.

Potter’s innovative and clever, I expect he will adjust tactics.

Completely agree. GP has obviously done some good things to date and I like his willingness to give younger players a go, but there's a few things he needs to change to get to the level of the likes of Howe and Wilder - such as striking the right balance between defence and attack and a little more attention to detail (i.e. don't leave 1 defender back with a pacy opponent!). If he can make these adjustments then hopefully we'll have a successful season.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We are also level [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]s 40 point tracker, and 12th out of 14th in 'the other 14 table', 3 points behind their tracker.

[tweet]1198669977513005058[/tweet]

Of course the Table is very tight at the moment and we should improve over the season.

Trying to understand this table. Southampton are level with their tracker - so they are EXPECTED to get relegated then, and if they keep matching their tracker that is indeed what will happen?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Trying to understand this table. Southampton are level with their tracker - so they are EXPECTED to get relegated then, and if they keep matching their tracker that is indeed what will happen?
No - *in theory* they are on track to score 39 points over the season. Their current placing is *in theory* because they have played relatively harder teams/games so far.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I have us going down with Norwich and Watford

No, I don’t think Palace will go down.

As for Brighton, as long as we stay up this season and play entertaining football then I’ll be happy. We have to get acclimatised to top flight football. That could take another season or two at the very least.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

A couple of comments on naiive defending. I am not sure it is naiive rather than a risk that GP is prepared to pay to help the players commit to the style of football that he wants us to play. The over-loads that we are trying to make in the middle/attacking thirds come with a risk if the ball gets turned over. It leaves us exposed against those teams with genuine pace - City, United, Leicester have benefited, I think Liverpool, Palace will enjoy it too. I don't think he will change the tactics in terms of defending, but will work on better decisions and quality that means we don't turn the ball over at those times. All the things we have done well in games we have won, (or felt we should have won) have come from this approach. It carries risk, but the plan is to try and play with no fear. Every team will be trying to find the balance. Leicester are arguably the best at it right now, I think conceding less than Liverpool, but scoring for fun as well.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
A couple of comments on naiive defending. I am not sure it is naiive rather than a risk that GP is prepared to pay to help the players commit to the style of football that he wants us to play. The over-loads that we are trying to make in the middle/attacking thirds come with a risk if the ball gets turned over. It leaves us exposed against those teams with genuine pace - City, United, Leicester have benefited, I think Liverpool, Palace will enjoy it too. I don't think he will change the tactics in terms of defending, but will work on better decisions and quality that means we don't turn the ball over at those times. All the things we have done well in games we have won, (or felt we should have won) have come from this approach. It carries risk, but the plan is to try and play with no fear. Every team will be trying to find the balance. Leicester are arguably the best at it right now, I think conceding less than Liverpool, but scoring for fun as well.

Leicester are not ‘scoring for fun’ classic media myth. 13 played this season and they have scored more than 2 goals in only 3 of them. The Soton and Barcodes results have massively skewed their GD. They needed a (IMO) dodgy penalty on Saturday to kill the game. It was disappointing we were so poor in the first half because we more than gave them a game second half (irony of when they scored).

We lost the game due to VERY fine margins and individual errors, the manager cannot plan for Stephens bottling taking the shot on (again) and then March playing a ridiculously risky ‘flick’ to no one which turned over possession just where we didn’t need it, then compounding it by trying an even more risky bicycle kick to try to clear thus taking himself out the game when it was he who was the cover with Montoya, do you wonder why no one was with Perez? It should have been March but he was on the floor. Our manager can’t plan for that.
As for the 2nd goal, when we were still in the game, how to you legislate for an international CM doing that?

The player who was VERY impressive Saturday is the CB that replaced McGuire, Leicester must have been laughing all the way to the bank!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

That tracker works on the theory you need to get 13 home wins against the other 'other 14' teams - meaning a 39 point finish - and staying up in all likelyhood.

Anything else is a bonus. So Leicester beating us at the Amex docked us 3 points in the projection.

Liverpool and Arsenal away are 0 point projection games - anything other than defeat adds points, but then the projection requires that we beat Wolves at the Amex, or go further negative.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I hadn't noticed but they're run in to half way is really nice for them. A lot of the easiest matches on paper they could get. They could quite easily be above us by the New Year.

If they don't win a few of them they are in serious trouble.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m very pro Graham Potter, so the following is not “trolling” or similar.

My only wish would be that GP adjusts our defensive set up. I get it, that we’re a far better offensive unit now, but:

1. Leaving 40% of the pitch free for counter attackers to destroy us eg Manu A, Manc A & LCFC H. Guardiola praised our approach to the game ... no wonder. Pushing up en masse against far superior teams with pace, will invariably end in tears.
2. A small detail - always leave at least one exceptionally pacey player, with a team mate, in the centre circle when we have a corner. That’s been the way in football for decades. So naive against LCFC.

Potter’s innovative and clever, I expect he will adjust tactics.

Don't really agree with you. On point 1, Yes we've been exposed on the counter attack this season, but it's all about risk and reward. We pushed up against Everton and got our goals which won us the game from it Richarlison is bloody quick. Against Spurs we did the same, Son is quick, but we pushed up and by luck or judgement didn't get caught out. We're all enjoying getting players forward and it's getting us goals. Last season was as risk free as you can realistically get and we just invited wave after wave of pressure.

As for point 2. Which exceptionally pacey player do you have in mind?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Leicester are not ‘scoring for fun’ classic media myth. 13 played this season and they have scored more than 2 goals in only 3 of them. The Soton and Barcodes results have massively skewed their GD. They needed a (IMO) dodgy penalty on Saturday to kill the game. It was disappointing we were so poor in the first half because we more than gave them a game second half (irony of when they scored).

We lost the game due to VERY fine margins and individual errors, the manager cannot plan for Stephens bottling taking the shot on (again) and then March playing a ridiculously risky ‘flick’ to no one which turned over possession just where we didn’t need it, then compounding it by trying an even more risky bicycle kick to try to clear thus taking himself out the game when it was he who was the cover with Montoya, do you wonder why no one was with Perez? It should have been March but he was on the floor. Our manager can’t plan for that.
As for the 2nd goal, when we were still in the game, how to you legislate for an international CM doing that?

The player who was VERY impressive Saturday is the CB that replaced McGuire, Leicester must have been laughing all the way to the bank!!

Soyuncu. Yeah, he's quality. Guaranteed Fantasy Premier League points at the moment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hadn't noticed but they're run in to half way is really nice for them. A lot of the easiest matches on paper they could get. They could quite easily be above us by the New Year.

If they don't win a few of them they are in serious trouble.
The tracker graphic a few posts back expects them to get 12 points vs Watford, Norwich, West Ham and Palace just to stay still. Anything else and they go negative.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Like many of the gimps on here, we will do well to stay up. That will be our biggest achievement under this current clown.

I am not sure what has happened as I thought you were on my ignore facility. Palace Goon !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Like many of the gimps on here, we will do well to stay up. That will be our biggest achievement under this current clown.

where were you when we were great?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We're pretty much bang on where we were at this stage last season, despite having a new manager, a completely new style of play and some kids in the first team. We're no worse defensively. Chris had a run of decent results from here (the three 1-0 wins in particular) that flattered us a bit, then we turned properly shitehouse for the rest of the season. If what [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] says is true, we'll be even worse this season and end up on c20-25 points. I don't think that will happen - have seen enough positive stuff already (more than the whole of last season, frankly) to think we'll continue to improve. Potter has taken risks (or been naive, or tactically inept, depending on your viewpoint) in some games such as Saturday but I'm guessing he wants to stick to his philosophy.

Think we're - as always it seems - a striker (need Maupay, Connolly and AN Other) and an RB light (and need Bernardo back on the left as March has lost all confidence), and really need to settle on our midfield as it's not creating or scoring enough but we've already got enough in the squad to be safe IMO. Mid table might requite some reinforcements though. Would love White to be recalled if GP thinks he's ready (if only to piss the Leeds fans off) - Saturday confirmed Duffy can't play in our system.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

The first word of the third line will tell us all we need to know [many already did].

When you refer to your own club in conversation, one uses terms like "us" and "we".
By using "you", clearly identifies that [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is a non-BHAFC supporting individual.

Stone him !!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The first word of the third line will tell us all we need to know [many already did].

When you refer to your own club in conversation, one uses terms like "us" and "we".
By using "you", clearly identifies that [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is a non-BHAFC supporting individual.

Stone him !!
It has been obvious for months that Spence is a Palace goon. He probably painted the Bruno Muriel and spent days w@nking over his effort.

Hopefully he gets sent back to Croydon with the other Palace goons on here.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No - *in theory* they are on track to score 39 points over the season. Their current placing is *in theory* because they have played relatively harder teams/games so far.

OK thanks, get it. So according to that tracker we are favourite for relegation with Villa and Watford. Awesome :)

No.

That tracker works on the theory you need to get 13 home wins against the other 'other 14' teams - meaning a 39 point finish - and staying up in all likelyhood.

Anything else is a bonus. So Leicester beating us at the Amex docked us 3 points in the projection.

Liverpool and Arsenal away are 0 point projection games - anything other than defeat adds points, but then the projection requires that we beat Wolves at the Amex, or go further negative.

Really? I mean no tracker can be much more than a rough sketch, obviously, but what a cop out of a method they use! Absolutely no distinction between away at Norwich and away at Liverpool?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here