Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Reasons Why Were Struggling!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I know its not a time to panic,were not doing badly,But this a thread for people who are moaning about mcghee+moaning about summit else! reason why we just arnt good enough!

Weve lost:

1)bobby zamora
2)paul brooker
3)steven sidwell
4) ivar ing
5) barrett (i know he didnt score but gave us a little more flair!)

Now knight is doin his best to fill bobbys boots,But as for the rest!

jones for brooker,not good enough!

rehman for sidwell,dont make me laugh!

butters for ivar (butters is doin well,but ivar liked to get forward)

The team has no strengh in depth and no creativity hense us looking ordinary and obvios going forward!

Were? Don't understand?:dunce:

Agree with all but the Butters comment. He's been a rock in defence this season.

We have also lost 5 different managers in so many years so that's also going to cause problems for the team. It also seems Mayo needs a long while to adjust every time we get a new manager in.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IMHO opinion we just need a little patience, our time will come just as long as we get Falmer and everythibng goes smoothly from there!!

Promotion would be nice but we will NOT stay up at the moment!

larus

Agree with BB. Butters has been solid all season. How many times has he needlessly given the ball away? Tha's right, not many at all.

Same we can't say the same for the midfield. Oatway was dire on Saturday. Sometimes he couldn't even pass backwards accurately enough. I'm sorry, but he may be a top bloke, a real battler, etc. but he just is not up to Div 2 (and hopefully Div 1) standard.

Glad that Rehman has gone, but am worried about us after we lose Yeates. God, he stands out as being the best player on the park for us, he's always looking for the ball, runs well at players, good distribution. We're going to be very ordinary once he goes.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
not sure if your thinknig th\t byf is saying Butters is no good, he is playing but Ivar used to get forward a bit more

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
ivar - dont make me laugh - he has far and away too much class to play for us.

a sad fact.

Butters being in the same position as Ivar is not a reason for why the team have been performing badly. We need a more solid defender in defence this season.

Oh don't mind me, in bad mood today.

Not often I agree with byf, but the Butters comment aside a reasonably astute assessment of the team at the moment.

On the subject of Brooker, I listened to the leicester game yesterday, and apart from giving away a late goal he seemed to play really well, Motson and Bright were well impressed. It really brought home how much we miss him.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
byf said:
I know its not a time to panic,were not doing badly,But this a thread for people who are moaning about mcghee+moaning about summit else! reason why we just arnt good enough!

Weve lost:

1)bobby zamora
2)paul brooker
3)steven sidwell
4) ivar ing
5) barrett (i know he didnt score but gave us a little more flair!)

Now knight is doin his best to fill bobbys boots,But as for the rest!

jones for brooker,not good enough!

rehman for sidwell,dont make me laugh!

butters for ivar (butters is doin well,but ivar liked to get forward)

The team has no strengh in depth and no creativity hense us looking ordinary and obvios going forward!
Interesting as 3 where loan players.
Barrett was great at his work rate,but a waste of funds at the time.
We had none of them for all the season,so its brooker and zammo the big perminant losses and brooker was hot and cold.
Zammo's alround play was superb and knight is certainly doing the buisness and is an out and out goalscorer,so clearly the midfield is a huge prob.:ohmy:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
a few other reasons:

1. Gary Hart having a very poor season.

2. Rodger injured.

3. Goalkeepers not playing up to last season's standard (Roberts on Sat an exception).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
Not often I agree with byf, but the Butters comment aside a reasonably astute assessment of the team at the moment.

On the subject of Brooker, I listened to the leicester game yesterday, and apart from giving away a late goal he seemed to play really well, Motson and Bright were well impressed. It really brought home how much we miss him.

I watched the game on TV and apart from a mazey run when he first came on he did f*** all-other than that cracking back-pass that lead to to Chelski's 4th goal.

He's way out of his depth in the Premiershite-we are his level and only when he's turned up to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here