Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reasons why we are not RUNNING away with this league.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
JFC looked class when he played last season. Then had one poor game against a team who qualified for europe, then never even made the bench. Farmed out on loan, while Poyet bought in about 6/7 midfield players. Tells you all you need to know about his prospects of playing under Poyet.

So you would rather he stayed and sat in our reserves and didn't play first team football and improve his game ?

He is young and it would be of greater benefit to go out on loan to gain experience, we have loaned out most of our youngsters in the past as have a lot of clubs higher up the football pyramid than us, so why should we deny him the chance to improve for our eventual benefit?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe Sterling is more mature? He has 4 kids! But no, it's a good point and when JFC played last season he was very good, with the excusable exception of the Newcastle game. He plays in the centre of midfield though, Sterling is a winger. I think there's more responsibility where JFC plays, but it is a fair point

You're in the know are you? :lolol:
Poyet being the man who has given him every appearance he has made for us so far. It's too early to suggest Gus either doesn't want to play him, or whatever else you think you know.

Ok, whatever.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
So you would rather he stayed and sat in our reserves and didn't play first team football and improve his game ?

He is young and it would be of greater benefit to go out on loan to gain experience, we have loaned out most of our youngsters in the past as have a lot of clubs higher up the football pyramid than us, so why should we deny him the chance to improve for our eventual benefit?
because the first team squad needs him now simple,

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Totally agree
Swap Mackail-Smith for a Lambert/Holt type player (someone also who can header a ball, Mackail-Smith is poor in the air) and we would be in business

CMS has 6 in 9 this season, how many more do you think either of those players would have got us? seeing as most strikers average less than 1 in 2 and usually 1 in 3

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I said before the season started there was a free for all between 18 clubs for the top 6 spots. Even Palace are punching well above their weight at the moment.

That's the reality of this league this season. We're absolutely one of the 18 who can make the play-offs. That doesn't change if you lose 1-0 at Leicester, having missed a penalty and a host of other chances. It's not all doom and gloom because we've hit a bit of a sticky patch.

Ok, whatever.

:thumbsup: Nothing against you personally, I just think we fundamentally disagree on most things. Boycie is a quality character though, something we agree on!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

And where did I say I'd rather he stayed and played in reserves?...What is it, with people on this site who read what they want, not what is put. JFC based on his apps last season(when Poyet's hand was forced) should be in our first team squad. Not loaned out, while the manager signs midfield player after player.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning

And where did I say I'd rather he stayed and played in reserves?...What is it, with people on this site who read what they want, not what is put. JFC based on his apps last season(when Poyet's hand was forced) should be in our first team squad. Not loaned out, while the manager signs midfield player after player.
agreed

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

And if he did come back and results continued to go against us, how long before he is condemned as useless, to be got rid of, not fit to wear the shirt, etc..... that normally accompanies a couple of bad results?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's the reality of this league this season. We're absolutely one of the 18 who can make the play-offs. That doesn't change if you lose 1-0 at Leicester, having missed a penalty and a host of other chances. It's not all doom and gloom because we've hit a bit of a sticky patch.

A top 10 finish and missing the play offs after 46 games wouldn't be the end of the world on the basis Palace are well below us or even relegated.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So you believe he should be ahead of Crofts, a Wales international who has played in the Premier League, ahead of Bridcutt, our most consistant performer, Hammond, captain of a side that won promotion last season from this very division, Vicente (if ever fit again) etc because.....

A couple of good games last season doesn't make him a world beater and given a full strength squad to pick from, do you seriously believe he would get ahead of every other midfielder in the pecking order to start matches regularly or would he have to settle for the bench or reserves to gain experience?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
CMS has 6 in 9 this season, how many more do you think either of those players would have got us? seeing as most strikers average less than 1 in 2 and usually 1 in 3

Take away his freak double, penalty and deflections, there is not alot else to show
Away from home last season he did nothing to impress me
Lambert would score shedloads in our team with our quality wingers, we don't score jack in the air and Mackail-Smith isn't suddenly going to sprout extra inches

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A top 10 finish and missing the play offs after 46 games wouldn't be the end of the world on the basis Palace are well below us or even relegated.

It wouldn't be the end of the world even if they did finish above us as far as I am concerned, but we're never going to see this whole issue the same way!

Palace will take care of themselves. I reckon we'll end up above them whatever happens.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
So you believe he should be ahead of Crofts, a Wales international who has played in the Premier League, ahead of Bridcutt, our most consistant performer, Hammond, captain of a side that won promotion last season from this very division, Vicente (if ever fit again) etc because.....

A couple of good games last season doesn't make him a world beater and given a full strength squad to pick from, do you seriously believe he would get ahead of every other midfielder in the pecking order to start matches regularly or would he have to settle for the bench or reserves to gain experience?
Because them 3 players are all very similar they are never going to make things happen or win games with moments of brilliance. That's the point lacking different options, yes are central mid is solid but if I was the opposition I would be scared.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Think what you like, there is a reason JFC is at Oxford and it has nothing to do with getting experience and no, i'm not saying anymore. Still think he will have a big future in the game and hopefully at this football club, but not all the time Poyet is manager.

If Poyet doesn't rate JFC at all then why didn't he ship him out on loan last season?! He clearly rates him hence why he kept him here last year!!
He's out on loan because we kept him last season and weren't able to give him enough game time which was halting his development..
Plus the fact that Gus wouldn't want to put that amount of pressure on a youngster because he knows people like you wouldn't give them the time they need to progress and would be on there back before long - which can potentially ruin young players!

Stop pretending to be in the know and trying to wind everyone up...

Poyet out? - more like kevtherev out!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just wish Poyet/Bloom would offer silly money to Southampton and grab Lambert, we would be right up there with his goals
Transfer window?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Because them 3 players are all very similar they are never going to make things happen or win games with moments of brilliance. That's the point lacking different options, yes are central mid is solid but if I was the opposition I would be scared.

Gus has decided it would be more beneficial for him to be playing regular football and gaining valuable experience arther than fighting it out for a starting spot and looking at his squad before the start of the season you can see why he thought this was the best option for JFC and the club

We have quality on the wings and in defence, CMS was scoring goals this season before his injury and will be again soon. Gus has stated he wants a target man, but he has found it difficult to find the right player, he could have brought in someone who did nothing (like Billy Paynter) or he could be patient, save some money and get in the right player when he becomes available rather than give a few fans another player to target and slag off and also use as evidence to support their view that Poyet isn't up to it or whatever other crap they come up with.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It wouldn't be the end of the world even if they did finish above us as far as I am concerned, but we're never going to see this whole issue the same way!

Palace will take care of themselves. I reckon we'll end up above them whatever happens.

Seeing them drop into League 1 would make it sweeter. :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here