Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reasons why we are not RUNNING away with this league.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
1- we need a striker we have for over a yr now, the rest of the squad is very solid it is the missing piece of the jigsaw.
2-Vicente or jfc ( I know he can't come back till jan) need to be in the team because we lack any creativity or goal threat from the middle of the park. The loaning out of jfc was poyets biggest mistake .
3- the sale of nooney , ok good business but surely getting to the prem would b better business. Buckley struggles to stay fit and lua lua is just not the same player.

If you put lallana and lambert in this current Brighton team we would destroy this league, we are just putting so much pressure on are defence to keep clean sheets because we can't score.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
JFC started well but hasnt been doing that well at Oxford though
I watched him the other day against port vale and he was poor but the game just bypassed him.Jfc is the sort of talent that he will look better playing with players on his wave length.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Look at Reading last year, weren't the best team we played IMO but won the league! Funny old game :shrug:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
JFC looked class when he played last season. Then had one poor game against a team who qualified for europe, then never even made the bench. Farmed out on loan, while Poyet bought in about 6/7 midfield players. Tells you all you need to know about his prospects of playing under Poyet.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
JFC looked class when he played last season. Then had one poor game against a team who qualified for europe, then never even made the bench. Farmed out on loan, while Poyet bought in about 6/7 midfield players. Tells you all you need to know about his prospects of playing under Poyet.
Just don't get it I really don't.Hope gus hasn't held a grudge because he fell out with nicky f.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I think you're talking uncharacteristic rubbish, I'm suprised.

Jake Forster-Caskey is how old? And you want him playing every game in the Championship? In the summer the contracts of Romain Vincelot, Matt Sparrow and Gary Dicker all expire. JFC returns from his experience gaining loan in january, and he'll come back with a better football education and who knows how valuable that is for him. People say he's not been doing too well at Oxford, in a struggling team, but he's playing every game and that's crucial for his development. He's learning a lot more playing games every week in league 2 than he would be playing against the Brentford stiffs and then waiting two weeks for another run out in a game which amounts to being a friendly.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
1- we need a striker we have for over a yr now, the rest of the squad is very solid it is the missing piece of the jigsaw.
2-Vicente or jfc ( I know he can't come back till jan) need to be in the team because we lack any creativity or goal threat from the middle of the park. The loaning out of jfc was poyets biggest mistake .
3- the sale of nooney , ok good business but surely getting to the prem would b better business. Buckley struggles to stay fit and lua lua is just not the same player.

If you put lallana and lambert in this current Brighton team we would destroy this league, we are just putting so much pressure on are defence to keep clean sheets because we can't score.

Totally agree
Swap Mackail-Smith for a Lambert/Holt type player (someone also who can header a ball, Mackail-Smith is poor in the air) and we would be in business

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning

Jake Forster-Caskey is how old? And you want him playing every game in the Championship? In the summer the contracts of Romain Vincelot, Matt Sparrow and Gary Dicker all expire. JFC returns from his experience gaining loan in january, and he'll come back with a better football education and who knows how valuable that is for him. People say he's not been doing too well at Oxford, in a struggling team, but he's playing every game and that's crucial for his development. He's learning a lot more playing games every week in league 2 than he would be playing against the Brentford stiffs and then waiting two weeks for another run out in a game which amounts to being a friendly.
Don't agree with that his age should have nothing to do with it how old is sterling at Liverpool?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Think what you like, there is a reason JFC is at Oxford and it has nothing to do with getting experience and no, i'm not saying anymore. Still think he will have a big future in the game and hopefully at this football club, but not all the time Poyet is manager.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We are not running away with the league because it a tough league and we are not quite good enough, nearly but not quite.

Also because at home we set up wrong and play to the oppositions strength and not our own. We have got a wide pitch and play one winger and yet have four quality wingers in the squad.

Oh and we don't have a natural striker. All in good time but I do have a bit of sympathy with Gus as it is pointless signing a striker unless he is the right one, remember "the Barn Door"

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
JFC is not the answer, have an Oxford supporting mate who says his form is dipping
I saw the game on TV last week against Port Vale, and he was shocking.....in league 2!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't agree with that his age should have nothing to do with it how old is sterling at Liverpool?

Maybe Sterling is more mature? He has 4 kids! But no, it's a good point and when JFC played last season he was very good, with the excusable exception of the Newcastle game. He plays in the centre of midfield though, Sterling is a winger. I think there's more responsibility where JFC plays, but it is a fair point.

Think what you like, there is a reason JFC is at Oxford and it has nothing to do with getting experience and no, i'm not saying anymore. Still think he will have a big future in the game and hopefully at this football club, but not all the time Poyet is manager.

You're in the know are you? :lolol:
Poyet being the man who has given him every appearance he has made for us so far. It's too early to suggest Gus either doesn't want to play him, or whatever else you think you know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think it has anything at all to do with the quality of other teams?

Maybe?

I said before the season started there was a free for all between 18 clubs for the top 6 spots. Even Palace are punching well above their weight at the moment.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
JFC is not the answer, have an Oxford supporting mate who says his form is dipping
I saw the game on TV last week against Port Vale, and he was shocking.....in league 2!

Yeah but Oxford were just lumping it long every time jfc wanted it short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here