Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reasoning behind your username?

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Im sure this has been done before.. but ive always wondered what where some of the usernames on here come from and why they're relevant- obviously some are straightforward, but the likes of BeachHut, Biscuit etc- where'd they come from?! ???

Mine comes from my (now ex) northern irish girlfriend- who, having no ties with the club whatsoever other than through me, regularly got confused with our club name and referred to us as 'Hove & Albion' on a few occassions. How on earth she forgot the 'Brighton' bit i dont no :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pub in shoreham

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
nickname is Del and I live and work near Pompey....simple as that.

Used to be pompeyseagull back in the old days.......about a year ago actually.....

:wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Mine is the name of a grumbling plant from an old 80s quiz show called "The Adventure Game".

And this is me:
adventuregame_tv_2.jpg

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
Lokki is Finnish for seagull (my missus is Finnish) and 7 is on my home shirt.

:ohmy: My dream is to marry a scandinavian! On holiday last year, there was an apartment of four swedish next door to us.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rangdo said:
Mine is the name of a grumbling plant from an old 80s quiz show called "The Adventure Game".

And this is me:
adventuregame_tv_2.jpg

Gronda, Gronda! :bowdown: :bowdown: Doog yrev, Doog yrev! Mole, mole, go to your hole.

I could never understand it - why did they never pick Lesley Judd as the mole? It was so obvious - they just happened to rescue her and one of them would be vortexed coz they were thick.

BTW - Challenge TV are running their Cult TV shows again this year - I recorded the 5 or 6 episodes of TAG they showed last year - hopefully they will do the same this year so I can DVD them. New episodes would be good as well - the Lesley Judd years were the best IMHO.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
1996 england vs scotland.

Scotlan get a penalty.

John motson comes out with the most unbelievable phrase ever:

"David Seaman is poised like a wombat"

If you have ever seen a wombat u will know that is not a compliment.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Starry - when I was 8 years old I was the Leeds mascot, it was the game before Christmas and as a gift the team gave me an Elland Star, it is a Christmas decoration (still have it, and it gets pride of place on the tree!) with all Leeds legends faces on it (only 150 ever made). I held onto it so tight that whole day that for some reason people nicknamed me ellandstar, that name has stuck sicne then though most just call me Starry now.

Hove&Albion F.C said:
:ohmy: My dream is to marry a scandinavian! On holiday last year, there was an apartment of four swedish next door to us.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm living the dream!!
By the way, Finns hate Swedes.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Great Cornholio said:
Gronda, Gronda! :bowdown: :bowdown: Doog yrev, Doog yrev! Mole, mole, go to your hole.

I could never understand it - why did they never pick Lesley Judd as the mole? It was so obvious - they just happened to rescue her and one of them would be vortexed coz they were thick.

BTW - Challenge TV are running their Cult TV shows again this year - I recorded the 5 or 6 episodes of TAG they showed last year - hopefully they will do the same this year so I can DVD them. New episodes would be good as well - the Lesley Judd years were the best IMHO.

I was quite young so I don't remember it in that much detail. The main thing I remember is the vortex and how the losers got left in space and had to hitch hike home. Oh, and Rangdo obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here