Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Real World Cup Final: Scotland vs Brazil ITV1 NOW!

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
article-1346387-0021B25B00000258-195_634x443.jpg

Quite.

I remember seeing actual footage of this on "Fantasy Football League", with a voiceover going 'The scene is so typically Scottish!'hahaha!!. Do have a few Scottish friends who found that funny at the time!.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
chucking bananas tut tut. the butter doesnt melt tartan armys facade slips once again. what a shame in the multicultural and tolerant capital of England that the self styled much better behaved than the English mob let themselves down once again.

the tartan army yet again get humoured and respected mixed up, like jocks all round the world.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brazil's Neymar answers back after banana is thrown in Scotland match | Football | The Guardian

who cares whether its true or not its worth winding them up about it.

tragic bunch who think walking round the streets of a european city in a dress that makes everyone gawp at them means they are some sort of peace ambassadors. the only reason they started this was an attempt to show themselves as better than the English, ther favourite racism targets. the tartan army are so tedious and pleased with themselves its not true.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
f*** me, I agree with the Spanish.

Luzzing bananas at black players stopped ages ago over here. Disgraceful stuff.

"The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour and we have no reason to believe that, after speaking to the relevant authorities, they have been anything other than exemplary"

Well spoken by a Scot, but then of course the exceptions underline the rule.

.....ah, unless we are talking about ENGLISH fans, then a single event manages to taint us ALL as 'unruly hooligans' and violent animals etc. FUNNY how that works ???

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
"The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour and we have no reason to believe that, after speaking to the relevant authorities, they have been anything other than exemplary"

Well spoken by a Scot, but then of course the exceptions underline the rule.

.....ah, unless we are talking about ENGLISH fans, then a single event manages to taint us ALL as 'unruly hooligans' and violent animals etc. FUNNY how that works ???

last time i sat on a plane with a load of tartan army wallies from aberdeen we were circling london and they were pointing out all the football grounds authoritatively and getting them all wrong. they were all in full agreement that the emirates was wembley. fish out of water provincial types who if they saw a black man would probably touch him for luck. the day i see them as my yardstick for race relations and diversity awareness will be an odd one indeed.

they have just had pat nevin on the radio about this as he likes indie music and therefore cannot be racist.

last time i sat on a plane with a load of tartan army wallies from aberdeen we were circling london and they were pointing out all the football grounds authoritatively and getting them all wrong. they were all in full agreement that the emirates was wembley. fish out of water provincial types who if they saw a black man would probably touch him for luck. the day i see them as my yardstick for race relations and diversity awareness will be an odd one indeed.

they have just had pat nevin on the radio about this as he likes indie music and therefore cannot be racist.

You get the idea that they might humour a non-white person - but not be likely to consider them 'one of their own'. It's that clan tribal thing still in the blood. But anyone who likes indie music is alright, especially West Indie music as they have been known to beat the Sassenachs at cricket.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Tartan Army I met the night before and during the proceedings were excellent fun. They came for a laugh and a laugh they had. Certainly an entirely different breed to my experience of the Celtic lot that came to London to watch their bhoys at Fulham and presumably the Rangers lot that turn Manchester into a river of piss and squalor. There was a massive love in outside the stadium and Scot and Brasilians were mixing well inside the stadium.

The TA were on a tour designed by the Scottish Sun, as they were banned from Traf Sq. I haven't read anything about raping and pillaging of these places. The Eight Bells in Putney was full of dancing and singing. Bagpipes and beer.

The only banana I saw was an inflatable banana along with hundreds of balls, rings and a couple of lilos (the floating bed, not Lindsey Lohan).

Even if the banana was thrown with a racist undertone, it seems that would be one small incident out of a 48 hour long drinking session.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oh for goodness sake. It was much more fun drinking, playing football and singing together than hiding round street corners, ducking at chairs and bricks being thrown and being crushed underneath the hooves of police horses.

A football friendly on a warm spring day and everyone seem to have fun. How bloody terrible, eh Spanglish?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don't believe the banana story, what would a Scotsman be doing with fruit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'The Scottish Football Association has asked its Brazilian counterpart to apologise for Neymar accusing Scotland fans of racism.

Neymar spoke out after a banana was thrown on to the Emirates pitch on Sunday, where Scotland lost 2-0, and booing of him by the Tartan Army.

However, a German student later admitted to throwing the banana.

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said "the unfounded allegations" threatened the good reputation of Scottish fans.

An investigation by Arsenal, in whose stadium the friendly match was played, and the Metropolitan Police concluded that no Scot was involved in the banana-throwing incident, while match commander Mark Sheeran praised the Tartan Army's conduct.

"The Scottish fans' behaviour was first class," he said. "There were no issues at all inside the stadium."
'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here