Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The real Stephen Dobbie

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
In the games that I have seen he has been poor even the work rate wasn't there. I think he will improve and you can't judge him on only a couple of performances. With a squad like ours when you get a chance you need to take it if not then it might be a while until they get another chance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dobbie will be a magnificent player for us when he has settled in properly and learnt what Gus expects from him. When he plays with CMS we'll see exactly what he does and he'll thrive on the space created by the sheer work rate of CMS. Doubters beware, Dobbie will have proven to be an outstanding signing come the end of the season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Barnes rather than dobbie? Hmmm

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He looks as good as Dale Jasper to me....

Ha ha. I'm glad you remember dale. As a nine year old I recall bring struck at how terrible he wAs. Worst Albion player in the 80s? Got to be

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What does anyone expect when he's given 25 minutes? He needs a (couple of) full 90 minutes playing behind CMS, then and he will prove more than his worth

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What does anyone expect when he's given 25 minutes? He needs a (couple of) full 90 minutes playing behind CMS, then and he will prove more than his worth

While I don't doubt his talent there was no excuse for NOT TRYING. He was so uninterested today it was unbelievable.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Hope to see the real Dobbie soon as the fake one playing at the moment is f***ing shite.

This for me. I won't turn against any player in the blue and white but he was poor and ineffectual when he came on today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great jinking run in the second half - close control and quick feet. Just lacked a convincing finished once he'd waltzed his way into the box.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
While I don't doubt his talent there was no excuse for NOT TRYING. He was so uninterested today it was unbelievable.

Sadly would have to agree with you. Apart from one sublime moment when he wriggled through about 4 defenders before poking a weak shot at Steele, I thought his decision-making was poor, his shooting woeful and he made no attempt to tackle back once he'd lost the ball.

Clearly a talent, but needs to show it and look like he's bothered if he wants a starting place, I'd suggest.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Utter turd when he came on. He doesn't need 90 minutes under his belt to learn how to pass. I know how to pass a ball and I haven't played 90 minutes in 3 years.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Couple behind me were extremely critical of him for what appeared to be no reason cursing Gus for even putting him on. Feel he needs to be given a break and time to bed in... I'm optimistic about Leicester Tuesday although saying that I was optimistic about today...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Great jinking run in the second half - close control and quick feet. Just lacked a convincing finished once he'd waltzed his way into the box.

This.

Thought it was gonna be a John Barnes v Brazil at one point, turned out to be a Danny Cullip at Barnet instead.

It was a boost to his confidence though...maybe too much of a boost, as the next time he got the ball he shot from 30 yards and it ended up lost in the North-East building site.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Then appeared to lose confidence and interest. I think he will come good but his shooting at the moment is either wild or like a back pass

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here