Votes: 37 10.7%
  • I'm not going. Bah humbug.

Votes: 54 15.6%

• Total voters

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think your family are well aware of what the Albion is.

Well, yes. However, they represent a wide spectrum of interest. Always good to have a chance to keep them interested.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike, some people are never satisfied.

I'm now looking forward to a family stand ST holder complaining that for their U-10 they only have to pay £3.04 per game normally (£70/23), yet this game is going to cost them £7.50.
although on another thread I suggested they might as well stick a fiver on the ticket cost to avoid queues and faffing to buy tickets I've now realised I'm up on the deal as Little Jack is only 4 he travels free to this one, for a league match he pays the travel levy

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. Why not. As @spoonie points out this 3rd Round FA Cup Tie is going to cost him and other STHs (of which we have 23,000+) MORE THAN a top notch league game. How can that possibly be regarded as a generous and thoughtful piece of pricing?

17,000 rattling about in The Amex, watching our second string and generally feeling "squeezed" by Barber for every penny he can take...

Foolish. The pricing obviously appeals to many (changing their minds / deciding to go). 17k - where do you get that figure from? Second string - do you know that? Other than that, what you say makes perfect sense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's going to cost those STHs whose seat is in W3A, part of W3B, part of W3H and W3I about the same as a normal match. (Around 1,500 people). By your own reckoning it will be £19.50 rather than your usual £19.78.

Provided they sit in their own seat, for everyone else, it's cheaper.

Agreed!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think people need to forget about transport levy's and season ticket pro rata prices for a second....£15 or £10 for adults to an FA Cup 3rd round tie - :amex:

Please, the club surely have to be encouraged to do more of this, not pilloried for it.

This. Well done PB, TB et al...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it's a logistical issue (re the transport). Presumably the club would have to pay the rail and bus companies in advance if they were to include travel in the ticket price.

So, given the difficulty of predicting the crowd for a Cup game such as this one, it's not something they would have wanted to do for fear of losing money (or the bus company losing money). Or perhaps it's just a contractual thing- the transport providers have agreed to a certain rate for 23 home league games, and there's no prospect of arranging one more at such short notice?

Either way, I can't really see the issue. Most people's train tickets aren't that expensive, and if you can't stretch to another fiver or whatever it is, then perhaps you shouldn't be wasting a further tenner on the match ticket itself.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Either way, I can't really see the issue. Most people's train tickets aren't that expensive, and if you can't stretch to another fiver or whatever it is, then perhaps you shouldn't be wasting a further tenner on the match ticket itself.

Not to mention the fact that most people who live in Brighton could easily walk but choose not to (I realise plenty travel from further afield).

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The transport levy is a waste of money for me, and many thousands that travel from the East. It wiukd be cheaper to scrap the levy and I pay for my train ticket to the match, rather than part of it. People moan on here about not having the levy included on the cup ticket price, who cares.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The travel included in the ticket saves me £3. THREE POUNDS! So with it not included in the Cup match ticket, I will be forking out a WHOPPING £7.50 instead of the usual £4.50 for travel. Barber out. :jester:

So, it obviously makes next to no difference to anyone living further away than me, so the people who live within the Free Travel Area are surely the only ones whinging? The ones who really begrudge paying about £3 to get on a train for 20 minutes. Really?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes. Why not. As @spoonie points out this 3rd Round FA Cup Tie is going to cost him and other STHs (of which we have 23,000+) MORE THAN a top notch league game. How can that possibly be regarded as a generous and thoughtful piece of pricing?

17,000 rattling about in The Amex, watching our second string and generally feeling "squeezed" by Barber for every penny he can take...
Don't get this PB bashing...he was bought in to do a job of stablising the clubs finances,which he is doing well,there will be a lot of clubs in trouble with their overspending,then you'll be thanking PB for keeping our club solvent...

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just logged on to buy Reading tickets. The site will let me buy my own seat as a STH, but we want to try sitting somewhere else. The club press release suggested that this should be possible from this morning for STHs, but when I try to do that the site says 'sold out'. Any ideas, before I sit in a phone queue for the ticket office?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just logged on to buy Reading tickets. The site will let me buy my own seat as a STH, but we want to try sitting somewhere else. The club press release suggested that this should be possible from this morning for STHs, but when I try to do that the site says 'sold out'. Any ideas, before I sit in a phone queue for the ticket office?

I think they are waiting for STH to take up the option of purchasing their own seats before making them available to others. Just got my reserved seat, clicking on the ticket page took me straight to my Reading ticket purchase, really smooth stuff. After initial teething problems this system seems very user friendly now. Looking forward to the game now. No booking fee either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here